• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera to the Rams?

Jeremy Igo

I highly doubt this happens but it is certainly something we would have to listen to and consider.  

It may be hard to get the right package since they already gave up a bunch of picks for Goff.  

We would also have a plan to replace him with someone equal or better than Ron, he is not the best but we could do a lot worse.

Finally, the worst scenario would be for McD to be promoted and him to just keep Shula.  If we do this and still have Shula when the dust settles then what was the point?

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Cuz he has a player by the name of Cam Newton on offense and a guy buy the name of Luke Kuechly on defense. Rod doesnt make them look good, its the other way around.

Again, look how his teams have played late in seasons with nothing to play for.  

not just Cam and Luke.  That is coaching. Not Xs and Os but coaching....and that is what you want form a HC.  

Might be 3 HCs in the NFL better and one is a GOAT.  A lot worse.  Finding a decent coach like Ron isn't easy 

19 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

A defense with as much talent as ours will still be good when Ron is gone, its the other side of the ball and special teams that has no consistency

Defense has consistency? What team you watching this year?

we are the worst pass defense in the NFL so we have been consistent there I guess

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

not just Cam and Luke.  That is coaching. Not Xs and Os but coaching....and that is what you want form a HC.  

Might be 3 HCs in the NFL better and one is a GOAT.  A lot worse.  Finding a decent coach like Ron isn't easy 

But that in itself is a huge issue, when has this team ever started off good outside of last year under Ron? We always find ourselves in situation of having to make a late season surge or dependent on a huge win streak to make the playoffs because we fell behind after the first half of the season. I agree with you coaches are not easy to find but im just saying with the talent Ron has had at his disposal he has underwhelmed.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

That'd be a lot more compelling argument if they also played equally well in the earlier part of the season when there was something to play for.

I need a lot stronger reason to keep a coach than "his teams look much better once they're out of the playoffs".

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

we are the worst pass defense in the NFL so we have been consistent there I guess

Im saying upon the completion of each season the one thing about the team we always say is how the defense finishes strong under Ron.

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

Given that we finished in the top half of the league in pass defense 2012-2015, and we lost more than half of our secondary and replaced them with a lot of rookies, I would put the blame for that on Gettleman more than the coaches.

Archived