• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera to the Rams?

Jeremy Igo

What a weird rumor.   There would have to be a LOT of cash and players involved. I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense. 

I'm more I  favor of keeping Ron than trashing him.   I am in favor of canning Shula though. 

The main point after the deal was done,  who replaces him? How does the team respond? Not sure if the change and uncertainty are worth it in the long no term. 

I seriously doubt there is anything to this.  He's probably just fishing for views/attention.  I'm not a big Rivera fan, but the only way he was getting fired/traded is if we completely crashed and burned.

Unless the Rams offer us a truck-load, which they probably won't, Rivera isn't going anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Cuttinedge said:

In all fairness to RR. I think we are in a similar situation as Denver was a few years ago. When elway canned Fox.

I don't think Ron brings out the best in Cam. And for that matter Keek either. I think they flourish despite Ron not because of Ron 

You may have an agrument for Cam. But how does he not bring the best out of Luke? He's a year in year out All-pro. How is Ron holding him back? How much better could he be? Perhaps Bill O'Brien has been holding JJ Watt back all these years too.

1 hour ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Mexicans live in Cali = Panthers trade their coach. Makes sense.

Richardson just woke up, "WTH you mean Rivera's a mexican"?

What a ridiculous news story. Everyone in California knows every Mexican here is a Raider fan, save a few Cowboy fans.

If the Rams want the leftover fanbase via the HC's race they need to hire the whitest cracker they can find.

ca918584234a455fb37b4bee1fde5fb3.jpg

2 minutes ago, d-dave said:

What a weird rumor.   There would have to be a LOT of cash and players involved. I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense. 

I'm more I  favor of keeping Ron than trashing him.   I am in favor of canning Shula though. 

The main point after the deal was done,  who replaces him? How does the team respond? Not sure if the change and uncertainty are worth it in the long no term. 

See above on candidates.

The team would have to believe Rivera isn't the future to do this.

I don't see it coming to pass, but stranger things have happened (many of them involving the Rams).

3 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

Richardson just woke up, "WTH you mean Rivera's a mexican"?

What a ridiculous news story. Everyone in California knows every Mexican here is a Raider fan, save a few Cowboy fans.

If the Rams want the leftover fanbase via the HC's race they need to hire the whitest cracker they can find.

Hiring Rivera could be seen as a tactic to lure some of those fans away.

I don't really see it happening either, mind you. But yeah, it's possible.

26 minutes ago, emhoward said:

This is beyond silly. 

Any team that can consistently field top 10 defenses will always have a chance in Jan/Feb. And if not for our broken down secondary earlier in the year we may have been top ten this year too.

A defense with as much talent as ours will still be good when Ron is gone, its the other side of the ball and special teams that has no consistency

Archived