• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera to the Rams?

Jeremy Igo

17 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Great. So bring in who? That's all I'm asking if the people who want to get rid of guys to contribute back.

Frank Reich: ties to Gettleman, Charlotte and the Panthers

Kyle Shanahan: ties to Gettleman via Dad, hot candidate of the moment

Anthony Lynn: loose ties to Gettleman, getting some buzz after Bills offense improved under him

Ron is not a bad coach, but he's not the best coach for a team with a generational talent like Cam Newton at QB.  

To be honest he would fit like a glove with the Rams.  Stout D.  Game manager esque QB with a pounding RB like Gurley.  It makes sense to me and if by some miracle it happens I would wish him luck.  

But I don't think he's the guy.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Frank Reich: ties to Gettleman, Charlotte and the Panthers

Kyle Shanahan: ties to Gettleman via Dad, hot candidate of the moment

Anthony Lynn: loose ties to Gettleman, getting some buzz after Bills offense improved under him

All offensive guys. Could be interesting, would JR be good with an offensive guy after the Seifert experience?

4 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

You can call it stupid, but I call it reality. The NFL has a blueprint already for Ron's scheme. 

He can't adjust and adapt. He has regressed.

He's done.

This is beyond silly. 

Any team that can consistently field top 10 defenses will always have a chance in Jan/Feb. And if not for our broken down secondary earlier in the year we may have been top ten this year too.

Wish the best for Ron and his family , but I'm a Panther fan and I want them to reach the SB or at least be in the hunt every year.  McDermott is looking to be a HC so he might be the answer.  The defense would see no big changes.  We would see a new OC which could be a good thing.  We would get a boat load of picks or at least a couple of their best players in exchange. It could be a great Christmas and a happy New Year for all.

1 minute ago, Peppers90 NC said:

All offensive guys. Could be interesting, would JR be good with an offensive guy after the Seifert experience?

Seifert was a defensive coach.

There are defensive guys out there (Teryl Austin, for example) but these three are the only ones I know with Gettleman connections.

7 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

You can call it stupid, but I call it reality. The NFL has a blueprint already for Ron's scheme

He can't adjust and adapt. He has regressed.

He's done.

Someone forgot to share the blue print with San Diego and Washington

Archived