• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hilariously Bad Article

Panthers73

‪ So Before the Monday night game, this redskins beat writer decided to analyze the motivations for each team. By doing this he heavily suggested that Cam wouldn't give it his all just because he was out of playoff contention. What this Writer failed to Realize or Mention was Cam's ridiculous record in December/January. The Man has proven Year in and year out that he plays extremely well even when there's not much to play for. Instead This article also mentions Cam's failure to go for his fumble in the super bowl as an attestment to how Cam will just give up when things don't go as well. I hope Cam's performance on Monday night swayed his view and his understanding, because this article was laughably bad.

1d54b2f049d3f6f21c77c5d3191b3ef4.jpghttp://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/need-know-motivations-very-different-redskins-and-panthers-tonight‬

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

If you hate Cam, there will always be something you can use for ammunition. Even if you need to rehash, and beat down, subjects that have been rehashed, and beat down, numerous times before.

I don't understand this? The kid had one bad instance at college, and he has been forever branded a thug?

I have long held, that if you hate Cam, it is because you want to. I am proud of the kid, and am grateful for the opportunity to watch him play for my home team. I grew up a Lions fan, and the close to 50 years of bad QB play that went with it. Then in 09, they draft Stafford, and all is well with the world. Then 2 years later, my Panthers draft Cam, both my teams suddenly have their QBs. Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

There has yet to be another Cam Newton. There were pretenders to be sure, but no real threat. As the kid just continued to amaze, the pretenders continued to fall by the way side. When all is said and done, Cam will amass a resume' the likes no one has ever seen. And I got to watch the whole shebang.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled Gman bashing. Starring some of your all time favorites. Like this, "Gettledouche". Ah the memories. Who doesn't remember this oldie but goody. "Gettlemen nuthugger"? The fun never stops. Let's now join our show in progress. And thanks for watching Gman sux tv.

1 hour ago, Panthers73 said:

I hope Cam's performance on Monday night swayed his view and his understanding, because this article was laughably bad.

I honestly couldn't care less what this random stranger thinks of Cam or what the weather will be, but I get your point. 

Anyone with internet access can write an article or opinion piece nowadays and most times its more for reaction rather than journalism. 

Again, I get your point but to me, his words are the same as hearing a traveler fart on the subway.

Edit- @iamhubby1 On a total side note, I know you have suffered as a long time Lions fan but just sharing something pretty cool is that I live about 15 minutes away from where the legendary Mr. Sanders went to high school. 

25 minutes ago, arbnranger said:

I honestly couldn't care less what this random stranger thinks of Cam or what the weather will be, but I get your point. 

Anyone with internet access can write an article or opinion piece nowadays and most times its more for reaction rather than journalism. 

Again, I get your point but to me, his words are the same as hearing a traveler fart on the subway.

Edit- @iamhubby1 On a total side note, I know you have suffered as a long time Lions fan but just sharing something pretty cool is that I live about 15 minutes away from where the legendary Mr. Sanders went to high school. 

Cool, I know Barry loves that area. He always said that sports kept him alive, and out of trouble. That it was good that he always seemed to have places to go to play. With that father, and that area, things could have gone differently for him. He was always saying that he learned early that he had to work harder than everyone else.

You don't work hard enough, someone will take your job. Or your playing time. If you work hard enough, no one can take anything away from you. So he made sure he always out worked, and out thought you. Paraphrasing his HOF acceptance speech. I always loved that sentiment. Summed him up well.

Cam reminds me of Barry. He makes you go WTH? more than any human should have the right too. And he is a great kid. Both HOF talents, and great role models as well.

Its easy hate Cam Newton, but its actually easier to love the guy.  Yes, he had his young dumb college student moment at Florida.  He had his pouting session after losing the Super Bowl.  He has had his moments where he put a towel on his head when the team was losing...  But the guy is the face of the organization that just went to the Super Bowl and was the MVP of the NFL.  As Panther fans we know and we often have to step up to clueless strangers, fans, and in my case family members to defend our beloved Quarterback.  Not only is  the rarest specimens to ever play Quarterback... but all the dude does is GIVE.   Having his foundation to help kids.  Feeding hundreds of kids at Thanksgiving every year. Showing up to countless schools visits and donations.  Meeting Making A Wish kids.  I saw on my local news channel last night that a kid is battling a rare lung disease and his wish was to meet Cam Newton and a family member said all he wanted to do was meet Cam before the inevitable happened and I looked over at my wife (formerly a Saints fan and not the biggest Cam fan) and said "I bet Cam makes that happen." And without hesitation she agreed.  I for one am proud to call Cam Newton the quarterback of my beloved Panthers. 

Keep Pounding

Archived