• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official FUG YOU ATLANTA thread

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, stbugs said:

fug the Falcons and I'm starting the Panthers D in the one league I have them because I know we are going to eat Matt Ryan alive and make Freeman go cry in the corner. Give him a few more games against TD and he'll be masturbating in a QuikTrip too.

Starting panthers D against the number one scoring offense that put up 550 yards on the last game? That's a bold move.

FTR: I hope the panthers bring it this weekend. Gotta love these rivalry games

Just now, stbugs said:

Well, that makes more sense, but no, I'm not worried. Remember you beat us in Atlanta last year, but the game here was a slightly different score. I think it was something like 21-7, no, 28-7, no, that's right you didn't score, maybe 28-0, no, 31-0, no no, that's not right. Hmm, let me think. Oh, that's right we won 38-0.

Yes you did. That game hurt. I know you guys want revenge for earlier this season. We did last year too. Don't think it will be 38-0 this time though... Any word on Luke? I hope he plays.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

No clue. I think we are erring on the side of caution because let's be honest we aren't making the playoffs. It would be great to win, but I'd take a loss over any injury to someone like Luke that impacts next year.

Don't blame you. Next season is definitely more important than this game. I just want to see him back out there healthy, even if it's against my team. Guy is a special player and that really sucked to see what happened in that saints game. 

11 hours ago, Jd dirtybird21 said:

Starting panthers D against the number one scoring offense that put up 550 yards on the last game? That's a bold move.

You realize the Panthers defense is far different this game than the last game?

Rookies with experience and solid play, Safeties trusting the rookies now, Bene off the team, New DLine rotation getting 32.5 sacks after the bye, and one of the deepest LB groups in the league with Klein playing like a solid starter.

52 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

You realize the Panthers defense is far different this game than the last game?

Rookies with experience and solid play, Safeties trusting the rookies now, Bene off the team, New DLine rotation getting 32.5 sacks after the bye, and one of the deepest LB groups in the league with Klein playing like a solid starter.

Different? Sure. Elite? No. Falcons have an elite offense. Panthers best bet to beat them is to outscore them, not stop them

12 hours ago, Jd dirtybird21 said:

FTR: I hope the panthers bring it this weekend. Gotta love these rivalry games

well we know 2 things for sure:

1.  your lame team won't be playing in a dome this week.  I think half your games have been in soft domes this year and you average at least a TD more per game in domes.  We got that going for us.

2.  we aren't the same defense that you played earlier in the season.  We now get after the QB better than any team in the NFL and the secondary is better.    Carolina has been at it's worst in domes this year on D and will get to play real football this weekend.

So Carolina should feel much better about this game than the last one

13 minutes ago, Jd dirtybird21 said:

Different? Sure. Elite? No. Falcons have an elite offense. Panthers best bet to beat them is to outscore them, not stop them

We have an elite front.

We currently lead the league in sacks, tied with the Broncos with 40 actually. 

If that's not elite after a 7.5 sack performance before the bye I don't know what you're watching.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

well we know 2 things for sure:

1.  your lame team won't be playing in a dome this week.  I think half your games have been in soft domes this year and you average at least a TD more per game in domes.  We got that going for us.

2.  we aren't the same defense that you played earlier in the season.  We now get after the QB better than any team in the NFL and the secondary is better.    Carolina has been at it's worst in domes this year on D and will get to play real football this weekend.

So Carolina should feel much better about this game than the last one

No doubt Carolina feels better at home than in ATL's dome. But you're wrong about our offense and dome stats stuff. Falcons are 5-2 on the road this year. They are 1st in yards per play, touchdowns scored, and 1st in plays over 25 yards. They've scored 40 points 5 times and 3 of those were on the road. Some of you guys are underestimating the Falcons offense this year. It's insanely good. But, I don't think the panthers team is underestimating it, they'll be ready

4 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

We have an elite front.

We currently lead the league in sacks, tied with the Broncos with 40 actually. 

If that's not elite after a 7.5 sack performance before the bye I don't know what you're watching.

If your defense keeps us under 30, you'll win. Tough task, but should be fun either way

Archived