• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I remember enough about the situation to acknowledge that Gross had already talked about retiring at the time.  If you can find me proof that Gross left because of DG I'm all in with you.  IIRC he stated that he didn't like DG at first, but I'm not convinced that's why he pulled the plug.  Maybe it was 1 of the reasons, but I don't think that was the only one.

As to the Cam underpaid thing....I just don't see it....and Luke certainly isn't underpaid by any stretch of the imagination.  

Did some of you want Cam to get the Luck contract?  I certainly didn't.

There is never one reason that a player retires. Most times it is a combination of things. Did he retire because of DG? I doubt it. Did he retire because the money wasn't there, he had plenty already and he surely didn't need to start over with someone else at this point in his career. Very likely.

I think he would have played another year or two if Gettleman had offered him market rate to play given he left playing at an all-pro level. 

As for Cam and Luke. Of course as a Panther fan you want them.locked up long term at a good price. The issue wasn't did we want to pay premium for them but was Gettleman really paying a premium to retain his own or were these low hanging fruit signings that only an idiot would have passed up. The conversation was whether Gettleman is intent on keeping the core signed. Your feeling is yes, my feeling is sometimes yes but just as often not. 

You seem to be the one making this an either or, extreme position argument, not me.

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

There is never one reason that a player retires. Most times it is a combination of things. Did he retire because of DG? I doubt it. Did he retire because the money wasn't there, he had plenty already and he surely didn't need to start over with someone else at this point in his career. Very likely.

I think he would have played another year or two if Gettleman had offered him market rate to play given he left playing at an all-pro level. 

As for Cam and Luke. Of course as a Panther fan you want them.locked up long term at a good price. The issue wasn't did we want to pay premium for them but was Gettleman really paying a premium to retain his own or were these low hanging fruit signings that only an idiot would have passed up. The conversation was whether Gettleman is intent on keeping the core signed. Your feeling is yes, my feeling is sometimes yes but just as often not. 

You seem to be the one making this an either or, extreme position argument, not me.

Accurate.  We are just seeing his moves differently.

Archived