• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

That proves nothing, especially since Benwikere was not technically injured and therefore not eligible for IR. The fact that they released him as they did would seem to indicate a deeper-rooted issue.

Beyond that, a big reason that guys losing spots due to injury has to do with the injury giving one or more players a chance to step up and show what they have. One of the biggest reasons why I think your statement is BS is because a guy like TD had already shown elite-level talent before the injuries, so bringing a player like that back to compete is a low-risk, high-reward, business-beneficial scenario. Beyond that, he met with JR, Rivera, and Hurney to talk about coming back... it was a team decision. Your assertion is baseless.

So every guy we put on IR is seriously injured? We stash guys on IR we want to develop.

And no Davis didn't show elite talent before his injury. He did have his best season before the first injury but kept getting hurt.  In 4 seasons here he only one season of 100 tackles and a couple of sacks. He didn't even lead the team in tackles that year.

Maybe one of the reasons he is the only guy to ever come back from 3 ACL injuries to the same knee is that he is the only guy that has had that chance as everyone else either gave up or were cut.

Few if any coaches or GMs would have kept him. And it was Rivera who lobbied for it and Richardson who approved it. You know the same guy who supposedly lobbied for Bene to be cut.

Bene could have been IRed simply by saying he hadn't recovered properly and went to IR. No, this has Gettleman all over it and anyone who can read between the.lines can easily see it. 

Btw I am not saying that it was wrong to cut Bene at all simply that under the present regime Davis would have been cut as well. That is my opinion and nothing tells me this is inaccurate or an exaggeration.

39 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It is your opinion and you missed the other poster's point. Ron said during a presser that he was part of the decision to get rid of Bene (assuming DC/DB coaches involved as well). You just blamed it on Gettleman, which means your opinion is inaccurate as you based him not keeping Davis on something he didn't do.

Do you think Ron is going to say anything against Gettleman in public. It doesn't mean it wasn't Gettleman's decision. I have always heard you should believe 1/4 of what you hear and only 1/2 of what you see. I bet you think people tell the truth to the press too. Right. Sheeple. LOL.

5 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Why because Gettleman has shown loyalty to players while the coaches haven't or is it usually the other way around?

A GM is not going to cut a player without the input from coaches. But sometimes things happen.

A Coach is not going to cut a player without the input from the GM. But sometimes things happen.

There is a +/- of 10%, so this is not writ in concrete.

4 hours ago, panthers55 said:

That is my opinion and nothing tells me this is inaccurate or an exaggeration.

This made me giggle. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

A GM is not going to cut a player without the input from coaches. But sometimes things happen.

A Coach is not going to cut a player without the input from the GM. But sometimes things happen.

There is a +/- of 10%, so this is not writ in concrete.

This made me giggle. Thanks.

So you think that Gettleman rescinded the tag with Rivera's input? I highly doubt it. But since Rivera is the front man while Gettleman makes the moves and sits quietly in the background, I can see to the naive listener it appears everyone is on the same page. Because we all know everything we read and see is 100% the truth. Just like on the internet

Everything is transparent and straightforward.

9 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

So you think that Gettleman rescinded the tag with Rivera's input? I highly doubt it. But since Rivera is the front man while Gettleman makes the moves and sits quietly in the background, I can see to the naive listener it appears everyone is on the same page. Because we all know everything we read and see is 100% the truth. Just like on the internet

Everything is transparent and straightforward.

Constantly amazes me your arrogance on something that is just your opinion versus another Huddler.

3 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

Constantly amazes me your arrogance on something that is just your opinion versus another Huddler.

3 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

I am not talking about my opinion as much as the fact that sheeple take everything said in the press as the gospel truth rather than the sanitized product of what that person decides they want to share with the public. I just find this funny that most huddlers rely on this information as the utter truth.

23 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

Mills coined the Keep Pounding phrase, but Davis is the living embodiment of it. 

He probably won't get a statue out front but his name better be in the ring of honor when he hangs it up. 

I would absolutely support giving Thomas Davis a statue.

19 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I saw Gettleman on the field joking with Davis toward the end of the game.  It was funny to me because there is no way that Gettleman would have kept Davis after his third surgery but he sure benefited from Hurney doing it for him.  There are a bunch of lessons I hope he learns from this season and feeling like the end of the season justified his poor moves in the offseason are not some of them.   

0% chance huh?

Hahaha.  Man you throw around the "taking things to the extreme" poo when debating with other posters on here...but as always it's you who takes things to the extreme.

Archived