• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis

Jeremy Igo

How many 4/3 outside backers are in the HOF?

That said, Thomas has easily become my favorite Panther of all time.  Hopefully Cam or Luke wrestles it out of his hands in 7-10 years, but it will be tough.

Gentleman has earned, not deserves a statue outside the stadium.

I saw Gettleman on the field joking with Davis toward the end of the game.  It was funny to me because there is no way that Gettleman would have kept Davis after his third surgery but he sure benefited from Hurney doing it for him.  There are a bunch of lessons I hope he learns from this season and feeling like the end of the season justified his poor moves in the offseason are not some of them.   

18 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I saw Gettleman on the field joking with Davis toward the end of the game.  It was funny to me because there is no way that Gettleman would have kept Davis after his third surgery but he sure benefited from Hurney doing it for him.  There are a bunch of lessons I hope he learns from this season and feeling like the end of the season justified his poor moves in the offseason are not some of them.   

That's an entirely baseless statement. 

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

That's an entirely baseless statement. 

No it isnt.  How many guys has he kept on the team for several seasons that were injured versus waiving them or releasing them.  For example what did he do with Benwikere who was still recovering from a severe injury?  Did he IR him or release him summarily.  

Exactly....

24 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

No it isnt.  How many guys has he kept on the team for several seasons that were injured versus waiving them or releasing them.  For example what did he do with Benwikere who was still recovering from a severe injury?  Did he IR him or release him summarily.  

Exactly....

If Ron and MC. D didn't go to him and tell him to cut Bene, I doubt he would have.

26 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Exactly....

That proves nothing, especially since Benwikere was not technically injured and therefore not eligible for IR. The fact that they released him as they did would seem to indicate a deeper-rooted issue.

Beyond that, a big reason that guys losing spots due to injury has to do with the injury giving one or more players a chance to step up and show what they have. One of the biggest reasons why I think your statement is BS is because a guy like TD had already shown elite-level talent before the injuries, so bringing a player like that back to compete is a low-risk, high-reward, business-beneficial scenario. Beyond that, he met with JR, Rivera, and Hurney to talk about coming back... it was a team decision. Your assertion is baseless.

Love this dude.  Wish this guy still hangs around the organization in someway after he hangs it up.  

Ive only bought 2 jerseys ever, Smitty and TD.  The way those dudes play with that passion is unmatchable.  both guys just shows everyone that with the right work ethic you can do about anything

34 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Thought Luke was gonna head butt him

Damn...last night was a little like last yr

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I said the same thing. Last night was a lot like last year, and it let me know this team still has it in them to accomplish what they did last year. Just need to add the right veteran pieces in the offseason, and we'll be right back to having fun again.

Archived