• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Redskins GameDay Thread

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Manos said:

The full time thing is mainly the capitalist in me, having better benefits (which being full time should bring) means better candidates for the job, better candidates better refs, better refs better game.

The press conference thing would also be fun just to see this guys get ripped into by the media and not being able to hide behind the shield.

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Yeah I hear ya - aren't most of these guys like legit attorneys or CPAs though during their offseason? 

My point about making the refs do press conferences for accountability purposes is one I've been preaching to my buddies/wife/co-workers for a while now. These troll reporters can't wait to shove a camera in a players face after a tough loss to get him to say something stupid while he is emotional - you'd think the NFL would want some transparency with their officiating crew. But no, they will hide the officials after the game and let puppet and Roger Goodell yo-boy Dean Blandino recite some scripted terminology a few days after the game explaining the error when nobody but the team and fans of that team that got screwed are the only ones who care.

Not to get off on too much of a tangent, but I am a huge UNC fan and I am still perplexed about the absolutely horrific and unprofessional job the refs did in the title game a few months ago. You can't allow one team to play loose, grabby, and rough and then whistle the other team when they attempt to play the same way. You know it was bad when there are duke fans sticking up for UNC fans on how shitty the officiating was. There needs to be accountability and transparency with the officiating crews in every sport. Major League Baseball, which has been notoriously stubborn about changing it's rules and adapting to new forms of technology....basically refusing to evolve from 1960's baseball...is now maybe one of the better refereed sports which is fuging sad. 

Archived