• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So i go the Urgent Care today...

TheSaint

Got this shoulder pain, thats keeping me awake at night and i wanted to get something for it, get it checked out.... Also, have had some GI problems all week, headache, slight chills but no fever. Wife has had same, but slight fever. So, i tell them i want to be tested for flu.

Receptionist tells me, "well they probably wont test you for flu...nothing they can really do". Nurse tells me the same thing...PA finally comes in, kind of seems to think im BS, tells me the same thing, but then says, "Ok we will test you."

They swab me(that sucks), 15 minute later, he comes back in, well you got the Flu. No work, stay home, yadda yadda yadda. So im like, what the fug, you didnt even want to test me, cause you cant do anything, but now you want me to avoid everyone....see anything wrong with this picture??

He writes me some Tamiflu, then asks "What else?" Umm yeah, my freaking shoulder....duh.

This stupidness was strong. If this is they way they are trying to handle the flu...its going to be a long winter. If they dont test people that are symptomatic, they cant tell them to stay home...I was like, so, if you guys didnt test me, and im walking around sick, spreading it because i cant justify taking off work, because you havent diagnosed me....and so on.

Hope Obamacare is better....bwbwhahah

Your problem is that you went to "Urgent Care". Most of those docs got their PHD's online!

Id rather die than sit int eh ER for 10 hours. Guess where the spouse is right now...CMC ER.

i never saw a Dr. lol

just a PA.

Gave me some tramadol and Skelaxin for my shoulder...guess what.

Feels the same as before....

Classic stupidity by the PA.... I highly doubt you need Tamiflu, it does not cure the flu and only shortens the symptoms. If you're outside the 48hour of symptoms window then it is as useful as a sugar pill. Not only is there a shortage of tamiflu, it is in situations of giving it when not indicated that sets up for resistance. As of now Tamiflu should be indicated for the pediatric, geriatric population and adults who have comorbidities like COPD, DM. You should have been given treatment for symptomatic therapy, a note for work and asked to stay home for a week.

he seems to think im at the begging of this. I dont.

and he gave me tramadol which is as useful as a sugar pill...after the movements he made me do with my arm, my pain is worse.

I dont need a note for work...i just tell my boss. Had a huge week planned. If i dont feel any worse monday, im working...i never miss work from being sick.

I dont even have a cough. Just felt a little off. With a headache.

he seems to think im at the begging of this. I dont.

and he gave me tramadol which is as useful as a sugar pill...after the movements he made me do with my arm, my pain is worse.

Well they certainly did not address your shoulder pain.... a good physical exam looking for a possible rotator cuff tear along with imaging would be a nice start

Tramadol's are weak but at the same time he played it safe rather than going straight to Lortab.

I would check your temperature, if your able to be afebrile for 24 hours without any antipyretics like Tylenol then it would be safe to return to work imo.

Well they certainly did not address your shoulder pain.... a good physical exam looking for a possible rotator cuff tear along with imaging would be a nice start

Tramadol's are weak but at the same time he played it safe rather than going straight to Lortab.

I would check your temperature, if your able to be afebrile for 24 hours without any antipyretics like Tylenol then it would be safe to return to work imo.

actually its not in the joint. Its behind my shoulderblade. Who knows. Its gonna be hard to pinpoint. They took an Xray, which i could have told them wasnt going to show anything. It wasnt freaking broken...duh. I had no injury. Ive had this before and it usually gets better on its on...and hasnt ever kept me up at night like it is now.

Ive yet to have any fever. Its weird. Is ibuprofen antipyretic? Im guessing it is. Im taking that for my shoulder too

Archived