• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobby Wolford - Fullback - Boston College

Jeremy Igo

Taking a look at fullbacks I will covet this offseason. This guy may be it.

Started out at linebacker, converted to fullback a few years ago and has done very well. Primarily a blocking machine.

6'2, 248lb senior.

Any kid that is tough enough to play linebacker and fullback is worth a look. Just screams football player, which the Panthers really need.

Can be had in the late rounds or UDFA.

Do they make them like they used to ?

Is it possible to find a real mean, mean fuging FB .. maybe a FB with the personality of Trai Turner?

I feel like measurables are overrated in looking for a FB to fit this offense .. many guys have nice measurables, but how many guys have that attitude like Marshawn Lynch in that video .. "and run over a motherfu*kers face, and again, and again, and again"

I want the FB with THAT mentality, and you can only figure this out really in interviews

Good question. The fact that he has played linebackerooking to dish punishment is a good sign as far as mentality.

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

We are one of the few teams that even carry a FB anymore.  If Shula is fired, I doubt our new scheme will rely on a FB.  If Shula is kept, I just hope to God that FB isn't Tolbert.  

Everyone uses a FB. They may not start like they used to in years past and most of them may not be a traditional blocking FB, but all teams have a designated FB in some packages. We just have the most ineffective FB in the league and need to get one whether they are a traditional FB or not. I would prefer a traditional one though.

4 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Everyone uses a FB. They may not start like they used to in years past and most of them may not be a traditional blocking FB, but all teams have a designated FB in some packages. We just have the most ineffective FB in the league and need to get one whether they are a traditional FB or not. I would prefer a traditional one though.

4 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Actually that is inaccurate.  Over a third of NFL teams don't even carry a FB on their roster.  Several others rarely play a FB.  A TE used as an H-back is replacing the traditional FB.

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Actually that is inaccurate.  Over a third of NFL teams don't even carry a FB on their roster.  Several others rarely play a FB.  A TE used as an H-back is replacing the traditional FB.

Yeah that's what I mean by they may not be a traditional blocking FB. Teams may have a TE as a FB, but they still have a FB designed in some packages. Whether we do the same by carrying an extra TE or get an actual FB, we need to do it because Tolbert is trash.

Archived