• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's worst statistical year. Why?

Jeremy Igo

20 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I see this all the time when folks bash Shula. Run, run, pass, punt. And I am just not sure how that works out? I mean, we run the ball slightly more than we pass. Which, if my math is right, means for every 2 runs, we throw 2 passes. So run, run, pass would seem to be a mathematical impossibility.

So don't let math, or facts, get in the way of a good rant.

This year is different because we've been behind a lot, so we've passed more than we've thrown.

But last year?  501 pass attempts, 526 rush attempts.

2014 was another more-pass-than-run year and, looky there, its because we were behind a lot and yet again had a losing record.

2013, 12-4?  473 passes, 483 rush attempts.

Ron and Mike would always rather run the ball than throw it.

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

This year is different because we've been behind a lot, so we've passed more than we've thrown.

But last year?  501 pass attempts, 526 rush attempts.

2014 was another more-pass-than-run year and, looky there, its because we were behind a lot and yet again had a losing record.

2013, 12-4?  473 passes, 483 rush attempts.

Ron and Mike would always rather run the ball than throw it.

Still. For the run, run, pass to actually work. We would need to run the ball twice as much as we pass, which we don't.

So it is obvious folks are once again stretching the truth to make a point. Bad math=bad point.

On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Jangler said:

Other than not adjusting, I really think he only trusts one receiver and he's a TE.

Same receivers from last year with one addition... so I am saying that he trusted them last year why not this year??

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Still. For the run, run, pass to actually work. We would need to run the ball twice as much as we pass, which we don't.

So it is obvious folks are once again stretching the truth to make a point. Bad math=bad point.

Well, I didn't read it as the literal truth, his statement screamed hyperbole to me.

Hyperbole that is effective because it reveals the greater truth, i.e. Mike Shula is an unimaginative dumbass.

8 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Well, I didn't read it as the literal truth, his statement screamed hyperbole to me.

Hyperbole that is effective because it reveals the greater truth, i.e. Mike Shula is an unimaginative dumbass.

There are a myriad of ways to show the truth. Satire, sarcasm, hyperbole, and out and out lying are all ways to sway the truth. But they all have one thing in common, they all depend on the recipient being able to read through the crap, and come to their own conclusions.

As to Shula, I have to respectively disagree. Shula has designed a great Offense. The problem is, he doesn't know how to get the best out of it.

If you want to be fair, you can find truth in anything. If you want to be biased, you can spin anything to your point of view.

What it all boils down to is this. Do you trust what you see?

What do your eyes, and brain, tell you about this team? Then look around the league. IMO, the one thing this year has shown? Is that this league is never what you would expect it to be. Other than the Pats.

Archived