• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's worst statistical year. Why?

Jeremy Igo

34 minutes ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

Not trying to sound harsh but you should learn how to formulate some proper sentences if you want to be more persuasis

I am not  trying to be persuasive and I  shortened my post on purpose 

I see what I see and while he certainly isn't the whole issue, he isn't helping either. 

It doesn't give me any pleasure, whatsoever,  to feel this way about Newton; however, as much as I admire his athletic God given talents, there is a lot more to being great at his craft then what he is showing.

Can he be better, probably, but he has regressed game on game.   

If  I had been asked '...of the top QBs, which I would want to win a game in the final 2 mins?' Newton's name would not be on that list, and if posters on this board were totally honest, this year's version of Newton would not be on theirs'  either 

19 minutes ago, Camvp said:

You guys bashing the offensive line need to get a grip.  You think the team planned to lose their all pro Center and freakin' backup, as well as their starting LT?  Despite all that PFF still has the line through last week ranked 18th in pass protection... barely below league average.  Atlanta, KC, Seattle, Miami are dealing with worse and are all in the playoffs at the moment.

They sucked before the injures. Everyone knew that Remmers should've been a backup in the offseason. And that Oher was only a band-aid, yet we kept them where they were at and put no depth at all behind them.

I don't care who's to blame. I'm already thinking about next year. This year was an aberration. The question is, was last year an aberration as well? Is the real Cam Newton the guy we saw the first four years, an above average/pro bowl level QB. Or is he the guy we saw last year, a top 5/MVP QB. Or is he both depending upon who and what he has around him? Protection. Weapons, etc. 

4 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

They sucked before the injures. Everyone knew that Remmers should've been a backup in the offseason. And that Oher was only a band-aid, yet we kept them where they were at and put no depth at all behind them.

They sucked so much they played as an elite unit the last 1.5 years?

More of that Huddle quality message board "facts".

i feel like the panthers have still tried the designed qb runs some this year to little success. but, cam almost never scrambles. in years past, he would turn near sacks into big first downs. this year theyve been sacks and ints.

i dont care so much about the designed runs and the read option but cam has to take the scrambles that most other qbs take because his athleticism gives him a huge advantage on those.

also, with a weak o line, id expect to move the pocket more but the panthers just dont do that. maybe they should.

Sent from my SM-G935V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 hour ago, Hammerin'Cameron1 said:

You don't know anything about football man, you keep saying the offense is predictable but when the Panthers are at their best the opposing team is going to predict the Panthers to pound the rock, and we STILL pound the rock

Yeah well your opinion.......you are entitled to it. If you believe any team in the NFL can just run the same plays and not mix it up with success you are dreaming. Every team mixes it up and makes adjustments. Keep believing what you want.

2 hours ago, Hammerin'Cameron1 said:

You don't know anything about football man, you keep saying the offense is predictable but when the Panthers are at their best the opposing team is going to predict the Panthers to pound the rock, and we STILL pound the rock

You can still run the ball from different formations. We seem to open up every game with Funchess as the 1 WR on the field and run the ball. That same formation comes out multiple times a game. Change that poo up. It's like we are using the "Ask Madden" play calling all the time

this off-season he did that television show and I felt like his focus wasn't on football as if after the Super Bowl he wanted to avoid any thoughts of football at all cost. Maybe he didn't work as hard physically and mentally and it permeated throughout the team

complete speculation on my team as I don't have acces to his actual offseason workout logs etc

Training camp wasn't Panthers like. Cam never argued and yelled back and forth with the defense as much as he did in TC. The SB loss was in his and everybody mind. Remember even in the 1st game he was going in verbally against Denver defense in the 1st half. The truth is his mind wasn't on this season. This why Dave should have went in during the offseason. Brought in a guys who didn't have a SB hangover, it would have helped. So this was a wasted season. Next year bet not be a waste

Points allowed to opponents by half time by the defense, Lack of takeaways in the 1st half, and KB has been ineffective at replacing Cotchery's consistency.

Cam could go to Cotchery or Olsen for consistency in 2015. In 2016, Cam has 2 inconsistent 2nd year receivers outside of Olsen.

The inexperience at WR and DB is killing the Panther's potential.

If the decline in catch % was noticeable across the board with every receiver, I would link it to Newton. What stands out is KB and Funchess lacking consistency. Cam Newton needs at least 1 WR he can count on outside of Olsen. KB, Funchess, Ginn, and Brown are just not getting the job done when it comes to dependability. He lost that when the front office allowed Cotchery to leave without a viable replacement.

Archived