• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's worst statistical year. Why?

Jeremy Igo

22 minutes ago, YourMomsLover said:

The blame will never be on Cam. Ever. 

If you say he's to blame, you will be accused of having an agenda.

Dude flat out sucks this year. 

There are no agendas on the Huddle when it comes to Cam...positive or negative.

lol

Cam had all day to throw last year...  this year he had last than 5 seconds.

So it's combination of things...  Shitty play calling, shitty oline and shitty play by Cam.  Multiple times this year I've seen him making horrible throws and terrible reads even when given time. To me...  coaching is the biggest issue here.  No adjustments were made to compensate for weaknesses.

A few things..

1) O-line has been trash... you can't argue that. Specifically at the tackle position. 

2) Because the o-line has been so bad, the run game has disappeared. 

3) Shula has had some awful games calling plays. He draws up these plays that take forever to develop, leaving Cam to hang around in the pocket that crumbles like a Ritz cracker under pressure. You have big bodied WR and don't want to call slants and get the ball out quick? Ok...

4) WR play as been mediocre at best. The team was faster last year with KB sidelined and Ginn/Brown out on the field. You had guys actually running routes rather than just trying sit down in coverage and not finishing plays. Olsen has been the only bright spot and he has even disappeared in some games it seems like.

5) The threat of the option has disappeared. Ever since Cam went out with the concussion, the designed runs have almost disappeared. Even his scrambling has taken a back seat since the concussion.

6) Cam has regressed in his mechanics... it seemed like he put in a lot of work last off season on correcting the issues. We heard of WR camps he would have to gel with everyone. This year he ran off to California for months to shoot a TV show.. might need to get his priorities in line.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Sorry, Cam is the only reason the offense has ever been good under Rivera. He was even good enough to mask Shulas horrible system last year. It is difficult for me to blame him for much.

Olsen might disagree with "the only reason" comment.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Lowest Passer rating and completion percentage of his career.

Why is this, in your opinion.

Possible explanations:

Inept play calling unable to compensate for league adjusting to Cam.

Bad offensive line

Told not to run, thus removing a threat and allowing defenses to pin ears back.

League approved Head hunting and concussions.

What say you?

All of the above. 

I believe, like others have stated, that there are many parts of this that play in to it. From the outside (a new dad, his tv show,) to the spotty o-line and Shula. Though I challenge you all to look a bit deeper.

Go back and watch the Denver game, not for the play calling or anything else other than the hits on him. If you guys have ever been hit while playing football, or have fallen, or even a car wreck...you have this dazed and confused look. If you go back and watch that game you will see it. That same look Luke had, that  by the way left the man in a baby like state, Cam seemed like he regressed to a child out there.

I believe Cam suffered a major concussion out there. He hasn't looked the same since those hits. He has looked spaced out at times on the field. We have to remember these guys are still human, and that man took almost 10 of those car crash like hits.....TO THE HEAD. Also ever since then he has been pummeled each and every game.

What I'm saying is there are many factors in play, but I believe non more important than what's going on in internally. Not all players show signs of concussion the same way. But there's no way anyone can look at those hits, and how Cam has played and not see the connected dots. Let's get him a proper O-line and OC, and watch him be the GOAT again.

KEEP POUNDING

For the majority of his career Cam was one of the best, and sometimes THE best, QB in the league against the blitz.  He's gotten rattled this year.  When he knows he can get blasted in the head or the knees or wherever with no repercussions it's going to affect his decision making because he's got to look out for those hits. 

And yes, people that talk poo about the single best thing to ever happen to this franchise by a LARGE margin, it's because they have an agenda.  There's no question about it. 

Mediocre receivers who can't get open so Cam is forcing them the ball. No running game to take pressure off him and a terrible scheme which would be difficult for any QB.

At the end of the day this front office refusal to help their star QB has came to bite them in the ass. It's pathetic how little offense they have drafted since 2011 and how they refuse to bring in marquee free agents. Keep wasting early round picks on worthless defensive players and Cam will never improve.

Cam has not played well and his throws and footwork has been erratic.The Offense is rigid and we never seem to exploit the whole field. Also, I hold the whole team accountable. I don't believe in having a team that relies on 1 or 2 players to be Superman for them to compete. The Patriots can go 3-1 without Brady, Russell Wilson can have his worst year and still be in the run for the 2nd seed, I am not saying those teams can win without their starting QB but their rosters and coaching are fundamentally sound. Our philosophy is our play is physical and disciplined. At one point in the season we had the worst TO differential and leading the league in penalties. We have a RB that is averaging 3.5 yards per carry. We have players like Ed Dickson, Mike Tolbert, and Mike Remmers on offense that play with no physicality. Special Teams has been horrible for years. I still believe the Panthers have a strong core of players but the rest of the players that round out the roster, whether because of complacency or age have hurt the teams overall production alongside questionable coaching. 

Archived