• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's worst statistical year. Why?

Jeremy Igo

Horrible OL play

our best overall WR is Ted Ginn Jr yet we our offense has featured big WRs that can't get open more 

Traditional run game is virtually non-existent 

Opposing defensives last year allowed Shula to aid a bad OL and this season they counter the help 

16 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

My opinion is not popular    My opinion has changed

I have also been a huge supporter of his until this year, as early as the 3rd preseason game he seemed to not want to be here

until he learns to handle a blitz and play smart football he will continue to be an unsustainable, one trick pony.   As Atlanta figured out and Denver reiterated , neither he or Shula can handle a blitZ

he has  zero touch on the ball and throws into a crowd...  his throwing the ball up and hoping for a miracle against Seattle was poor

note to Cam, if there are three defensive players around your first read, someone is open  it is your job to quickly read the field and find them

he needs to work on his  craft and evolve or he will be short lived in the NFL

of course, he could always model but he needs to understand he got that opportunity from winning football games.  Of course 67 million guaranteed ...

Things that are interesting and endearing when winning  aren't so much losing 

tie thing was ridiculous but he had been on the team for 6 years the rule was not new   Why not follow it.?  

No, let's be different as after all Cam 'wins his way.'   He loses his way too

Win against the Redskins Cam. National TV you know. Make a couple of plays .  Team feeds off you and there have been elite QBs in worse positions then you are now who in addition to not having  an oline didn't have Olsen, Stewart and two receivers drafted specifically to hide your accuracy issues

sorry. Have the guy's jersey. I realize now it should have been Luke's 

superman became more so when the chips were down. How about you, Cam?  ..or is image everything?

I think Cam can handle the blitz fine.  To handle the blitz you still need decent OL play and WRs that can get open. 

He is just a sitting duck on too many  plays. 

What elite QBs have been in a worse spot? 

We've had the likes of Byron Bell, and Mike Remmers here throughout the Newton era protecting our franchise player.

Cam definitely needs to rework things in the offseason. But before you attempt to evaluate him, or any of our receivers, we need to address our OL. When I say "address" it, I mean go all in aggressively. Enough of these bums that wouldn't be a backup elsewhere. Enough penny pinching. Enough overly investing in the defense.

The fact of the matter is, this franchise would have been on par with the Cleveland Browns if it weren't for Newton. Yet fickle fans here just can't wait to run him out of town. Such asshattery is deserving of a lifetime of witnessing Jimmy Clausen play quarterback if I'm being honest. Those people are human garbage.

It's his accuracy and decision making, for me, that seem to be Cams biggest weaknesses this year. There have been many many games this year when Cam straight up couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He throws the ball as hard as he can, no matter the situation. Add to that, he seems to have stopped running, and he pretty much stopped audibling at the line completely....It all combines to equal his worst season ever. The good news is that this season is hopefully an abberation, as we have 5 previous years that show us the kind of QB we have. 

This whole team from top to bottom needs to take a long hard look in the mirror this offseason and ask themselves what the have to do to get back to that Panthers team that we know is in there. 

4 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Mix of bad judgement (10%), bad OLine (30%), and bad play calling from Mike Shula (60%).

If he fixes his issues with footwork, and puts some touch on his passes.  We're not discussing this.  Simple as that.  Two simple things he can fix, because he has to because Dorsey and Shula aren't going to hold him accountable.  

35 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

My opinion is not popular    My opinion has changed

I have also been a huge supporter of his until this year, as early as the 3rd preseason game he seemed to not want to be here

until he learns to handle a blitz and play smart football he will continue to be an unsustainable, one trick pony.   As Atlanta figured out and Denver reiterated , neither he or Shula can handle a blitZ

he has  zero touch on the ball and throws into a crowd...  his throwing the ball up and hoping for a miracle against Seattle was poor

note to Cam, if there are three defensive players around your first read, someone is open  it is your job to quickly read the field and find them

he needs to work on his  craft and evolve or he will be short lived in the NFL

of course, he could always model but he needs to understand he got that opportunity from winning football games.  Of course 67 million guaranteed ...

Things that are interesting and endearing when winning  aren't so much losing 

tie thing was ridiculous but he had been on the team for 6 years the rule was not new   Why not follow it.?  

No, let's be different as after all Cam 'wins his way.'   He loses his way too

Win against the Redskins Cam. National TV you know. Make a couple of plays .  Team feeds off you and there have been elite QBs in worse positions then you are now who in addition to not having  an oline didn't have Olsen, Stewart and two receivers drafted specifically to hide your accuracy issues

sorry. Have the guy's jersey. I realize now it should have been Luke's 

superman became more so when the chips were down. How about you, Cam?  ..or is image everything?

Some people here are going to roast you for this.

1 minute ago, nctarheel0619 said:

If he fixes his issues with footwork, and puts some touch on his passes.  We're not discussing this.  Simple as that.  Two simple things he can fix, because he has to because Dorsey and Shula aren't going to hold him accountable.  

Well to each their own. Cam Newton will never be perfect but he was the MVP last season. There are some people who believe Shula is a good play caller. I just keep bringing up the fact RUN RUN DEEP PASS.

5 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Well to each their own. Cam Newton will never be perfect but he was the MVP last season. There are some people who believe Shula is a good play caller. I just keep bringing up the fact RUN RUN DEEP PASS.

Oh, I agree.  Shula is trash.  But if Cam put in the work on his footwork and touch he would be the best QB ever, possibly.  

21 minutes ago, YourMomsLover said:

The blame will never be on Cam. Ever. 

If you say he's to blame, you will be accused of having an agenda.

Dude flat out sucks this year. 

The blame around here is generally always on Cam/Shula throughout their tenure. 

Never mind the fact unless he helps we have no rush game and over his tenure we have had crazy good rush numbers.  Cam helps masks issues and then when he can't Shula and Cam get held over the fire for it.

Archived