• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 was Gettleman's worst draft by far

Panthers73

14 hours ago, motocross_cat said:

I passed up on the hottest cheerleader in high school once because i was soooooooo into the girls head tennis player.  

Got no play from the tennis player and the cheerleader went off to state.

poo happens.  Lets try something new my dude.

Yeah like letting top player walk and panic drafting to make up for it...good plan...

14 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I reaaaaaaaaally wanted Allen Robinson that draft.

I was pissed we took Benjamin over him, then took Ealy over him. 

Benjamin could still pull his head out of his ass and do good things, but I don't have high hopes for Ealy.

Criticizing anything after round 3 is BS though. Those are depth guys and that's exactly what Boston is. Bene seemed like a great pick at first but then he got injured and didn't recover well. 

Well Boston is a starter on this team thanks to Gettleman 

Um, not saying they're all great but didn't turner, ealy, benwikere, and boston all start on a 15-1 team?(maybe not boston) plus KB who will have 1000 yard season in 2 of his three seasons? If that's our worst draft, why are 4 of them starting over the players we selected in all the other drafts? The drafts that were so much better than this one. Again, not saying they're great but all of the top five players drafted have made   Serious contributions as starters at some point. That seems pretty solid. I wish players from our last two drafts had that impact. 

I am fine with KB and Funchess.

My issue lies with the front office leaving the Panthers absent a single WR with reliable hands in the rotation.

I also wish the Panthers never gave up 3 draft picks for Funchess. There were plenty of WR options if Funchess did not drop to the Panthers in the later 2nd round. 3 picks for Funchess was ridiculous. I do not think Funchess will ever live up to the value the Panthers gave up for him.

I would have been okay with Stefon Diggs, Sammie Coates, Chris Conley, or Ty Montgomery. The Panthers may have been able to get 2 of those receivers and Funchess instead of just Funchess. That was a bad move by the front office.

19 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Criticizing anything after round 3 is BS though. Those are depth guys and that's exactly what Boston is. Bene seemed like a great pick at first but then he got injured and didn't recover well. 

Disagree. the late rounds distinguish a GM/Team.

If you get a Chancellor and Sherman in round 5 that takes an average team and makes it good and it takes a good team and makes it great. You only have to hit on those every few drafts to keep strong.

If we are just drafting for depth after round 3 it would go a long way to explain our non back to back winning seasons though....meanwhile other teams are getting starters every other draft or so in those rounds. Maybe we should look into it.

Then again Ghardy was our round 6 10+ sack a year guy who just went nuts but talent is there for teams to take themselves to the next level. Even a Norwell in UDFA adds a lot..imagine the line without him.

11 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

ok so where do you want to set the blake bortles handicap so we can start talking about allen robinson's hypothetical production? +350 yards? +400?

also worth considering that robinson is tied for 10th in the league in targets with 119, or he was going in to this week.  benjamin is tied for 27th with 99.  bortles is 3rd in the league in attempts himself.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hurney only rarely hit on anything past the first.

High first, for that matter, and that was when he didn't trade it away.

Dwayne Jarrett, Eric Shelton, Kerry Colbert, Everette Brown, Sherrod Martin, Jimmy Clausen, Amini Silotolu all taken in the 2nd round by Hurney. 

Oh, and that really high 2nd we gave up the next year after drafting Armanti.

Archived