• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 was Gettleman's worst draft by far

Panthers73

Horrid Draft

Besides Turner

He drafted................

1. Kelvin Benjamin- passed up on Landry and Robinson

2. Kony Ealy- Dude has an average skill set, career bench player

4. Tre Boston- lol

5. Benwikere- Dude was undersized and slow, not a good combination. Cut in his 3rd season after getting beat for several hundred yards

6. Gaffney- Nor even on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I reaaaaaaaaally wanted Allen Robinson that draft.

I was pissed we took Benjamin over him, then took Ealy over him. 

Benjamin could still pull his head out of his ass and do good things, but I don't have high hopes for Ealy.

Criticizing anything after round 3 is BS though. Those are depth guys and that's exactly what Boston is. Bene seemed like a great pick at first but then he got injured and didn't recover well. 

Allen Robinson sucks. Last year's stats were 100% due to garbage time prevent defenses because of how bad the Jags are. Marquise Lee is looking much better than him this year. KB is better than Robinson and Landry. Landry's a fine slot receiver and that's why he looks good, he always gets favorable matchups. KB's going up against double teams every play. Ealy is fine for a late 2nd round pick. Boston is great considering where he was picked. Bene is a wash and Gaffney was a 6th rounder which are typically irrelevant. And you can't just say "besides Turner." He got a top 5 guard who's turning into a damn solid tackle if he ends up switching there in the 3rd round. And getting Norwell as a UDFA was huge, as well as Philly to a lesser degree. 2014 was a good rookie class for DG.

29 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Allen Robinson sucks. Last year's stats were 100% due to garbage time prevent defenses because of how bad the Jags are. Marquise Lee is looking much better than him this year. KB is better than Robinson and Landry. Landry's a fine slot receiver and that's why he looks good, he always gets favorable matchups. KB's going up against double teams every play. Ealy is fine for a late 2nd round pick. Boston is great considering where he was picked. Bene is a wash and Gaffney was a 6th rounder which are typically irrelevant. And you can't just say "besides Turner." He got a top 5 guard who's turning into a damn solid tackle if he ends up switching there in the 3rd round. And getting Norwell as a UDFA was huge, as well as Philly to a lesser degree. 2014 was a good rookie class for DG.

Three out of Jags 5 wins last year Robinson had yards of 155, 98, and 113. In the first half of 2015, he had 5 games over 80 yards. One of which included 98 yards. And also in the first half of last year he had a couple other 100 plus yard games including that 155 mentioned earlier and 121.  The entire year he had six games over 100, 3 of them were over 150. He also had 14 TD passes.

I don't know how a fan of another team can say another player's stats came from garbage time. You're only speaking out of your ass when you make such statements.

And KB is not better than Landry either. KB is lazy, runs poor routes, and drops balls. Also for a 6'5 WR he sure gets punked a lot of times in traffic which is the reason why we drafted him. So if he can't even do the main thing we drafted him for, why keep him?

7 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Three out of Jags 5 wins last year Robinson had yards of 155, 98, and 113. In the first half of 2015, he had 5 games over 80 yards. One of which included 98 yards. And also in the first half of last year he had a couple other 100 plus yard games including that 155 mentioned earlier and 121.  The entire year he had six games over 100, 3 of them were over 150. He also had 14 TD passes.

I don't know how a fan of another team can say another player's stats came from garbage time. You're only speaking out of your ass when you make such statements.

And KB is not better than Landry either. KB is lazy, runs poor routes, and drops balls. Also for a 6'5 WR he sure gets punked a lot of times in traffic which is the reason why we drafted him. So if he can't even do the main thing we drafted him for, why keep him?

Devin Funchess was the worst pick, size isn't everyithing its about the skills. 

kb fuging sucks. I wanted obj the most then evans that draft, but figured both would be taken by our 1st. Wanted deviant adams or cody latimer in the second. But i digress, DG and his scouting team know way more then we do about every player, its pretty hard to hit on every pick(look at the browns for pets sake). Just gotta hope he hits on the picks next year

Archived