• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke likely out for the season

Jeremy Igo

31 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Passing the protocol, and being 100% healthy is fine. And if winning to you is more important that giving Luke the best possible chance to recoup, then have at it. The powers that be seem to be on the other side of that coin. They feel sitting Luke until next year gives him the best opportunity to come back worry freeish.

If you want to equate taking Luke's long term health in account, with tanking?

We have won games without Luke before. Just another reason to let him sit.

Now, I did say a few more games, not win out. If you are going to use my words against me. The least you could do is get them right. I mean, c'mon man. You knew what I meant. 6, or maybe 7 wins will not blow us out of the water. We are going to get a decent pick no matter what. Well, I say that, cuz I really don't see us winning many more games anyway.

IMO, I really do think posts are going to be interesting either way. Sit Luke, and fans will riot. Play Luke, and fans will riot. Win win for the onlookers.

Then why not sit Cam too? Hey while we're at it let's just sit Star and KK too. And can't forget TD, Greg, Turner, Norwell, KB, Stew and Coleman. No reason to risk their long term health. See that's not tanking, just don't want to risk their long term health.

28 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Then why not sit Cam too? Hey while we're at it let's just sit Star and KK too. And can't forget TD, Greg, Turner, Norwell, KB, Stew and Coleman. No reason to risk their long term health. See that's not tanking, just don't want to risk their long term health.

Now you don't have to go that far. I get it. You would play Luke. I wouldn't. I would drather give Luke as much time off as I possibly could. Whether that actually helps or not? I don't care. It is, IMO, the only way to give me the best chance to prolong Luke's career. Playing him this year may be safe medically. But for a player like Luke? I am willing to err on the side of caution. Not for a few meaningless games, in a lost season anywho.

Because the guys who are still playing want to win. They have worked too dang hard for the last 6 months to do anything other than give it their all. Because we have won without Luke before, so the players know they can still compete. And lastly. Because Pride.

This team will play hard. With, or without, Luke.

Now if that is good enough to win any more games? That's a whole nother ball game. Ugh, bad pun, not intended. But I am leaving it in just the same.

6 hours ago, Dunn said:

Sit him, get Klein and Mayo some more reps...Mayo preferably as Klein will probably be gone after this year.

I agree we need to give Klein more reps. Let's see what he can do before deciding if he is worth paying a good amount. Frankly my vote is yes we should pay him and retIn him given the uncertainty with Luke going forward. 2 concussions in 2 years. Then again I usually  vote to pay our core the going rate and get creative with the cap instead of going cheap.

Archived