• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Huddle Festivus Airing of Grievances

Jeremy Igo

Let's see what am I upset about?  

1. I generally don't like hating on posters, but there's around ten people right now holding the majority of the conversations on this board and it sucks.  Mainly, because no matter how good the thread may be, posters tend to start bashing each other...excessively.  Words are twisted, some obscure facts are thrown around to make the other person seem like they're not a panthers fan, and eventually it just boils down to someone calling the other person a bitch.  It's not fun to read.  I miss the PU days of yore and that's bad.
  2. So, this dude just joined the forum...who gives a poo.  Just because you have thousands of posts and have been here "since the crash" doesn't make you better then them.  I know no one has directed this towards me, but I'm using myself as an example.  I know I lurked here for years before actually joining.  I was never really big on message boards and, to this day, this is pretty much the only one I use.  It's a hard board for a new person to feel welcomed in because of all the bashing that may be sent their way.  I think this should change.
  3. DON'T fuging START A THREAD WITH A SINGLE TWEET JUST TO GET PIE!  At least add a sentence or two of your thoughts.  I understand that you want to be the person to break the news, but here's a little secret...pie amounts to nothing.  
  4. If you're not in All-Pro and us AP members keep advertising for AP, we're not doing it because we think you're lower then us.  We're doing it because we generally like this place and we think $5 a month is worth it to keep it running.  Trust me, there are several posters that I wouldn't want in AP.
  5. Oh, this season sucked ass too.

What am I perked up about?

1. I'm in my fantasy championship game.  If I win, $500 is coming my way.  If I lose, I still get $200, so that's cool.
  2. I finally finished building my damn computer after a month of having to send parts back and forth.
  3. Jangler's music.  I always just imagine some guy stoned "reading" into what's being typed and finding the perfect song to go along with the situation.
  4. It's Christmas time.
  5. All-Pro.  It's quiet in there, but the rational conversations are a godsend.
  6. The off season.  I think it's going to be one fun ride.
  7. It's Friday, so...

10 hours ago, PhillyB said:

grievance: mr scot's gotcha-posting. come on, he said he's not okay with it. the obvious alternative is that someone can be alright with him while also disagreeing with him. i disagree with you plenty but you're still alright with me. i disagree with aceboogie on plenty but he's still alright with me. CRA disagrees with me on plenty but i'm probably still alright with him.

not hard at all

Disagree.  You are not alright with me. You are okay by me. 

Dave Gettleman earned my respect and lost it in such a short amount of time. Gettleman done Steve Smith dirty and Josh Norman equally dirty. Norman whether you hate him or not was someone who could pump up the team when need be. Not saying he should of gotten a huge deal but he should of at least been on the team this year. Looking back on our drafts under Dave Gettleman he actually hasn't done too well. Drafting positions we do not need and ignoring obvious holes in favor of stacking up certain positions. Ron Rivera has done a piss poor job this season but to his credit he did have a lot to deal with coming off a Super Bowl loss after almost reaching perfection. Why does this team ignore the offense so much? A bad offense can hurt a good defense when they are constantly putting the defense out on the field with 3 and outs. Stewart is washed up and always hurt so it is only reasonable to rely on him even more (sarcasm). Mike Shula got fired from Alabama when me and 3 random guys off the street could coach their recruits to at at least a top 4 finish. Shula calls plays that I know are coming and I know people paid millions more than me know it is coming too. Run Run Deep Pass is the Shula way of doing things no matter if the other team is dropping back in coverage or blitzing. Cam Newton hasn't played as well as last season no doubt but it is hard to replicate last season when the offensive line struggles to stop the blitz for more than 2 seconds. Thanks to Shula, Newton is waiting for routes to come open 15 yards down the field or scramble on obvious passing plays. The league figured out Shula and in doing so it has hurt Newton physically and mentally this season. Knowing the way this team sees things we will probably go with DT, LB, DT, CB in the first 3 rounds including our compensation pick. Will we ever win a Super Bowl? Sigh..................Epic rant over.

hard ban on anyone who starts 89 or Hardy threads.

less reactionary threads posted in the middle of the damn game.

delete pointless threads like this-

there has been a serious lack of quality Panthers-related discussion and mostly just finger-pointing and bickering about Gettleman, Rivera, Shula, etc.

This...

3 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

there has been a serious lack of quality Panthers-related discussion and mostly just finger-pointing and bickering about Gettleman, Rivera, Shula, etc.

Followed by this...

30 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

3 people. Dave You Don't Need Offensive Tackles Gettleman, Pussyboat Ron, and Mike I Don't Know What The F*ck I'm Doing Shula. 

...is hilarious.

Archived