• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Huddle Festivus Airing of Grievances

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

The guy you both say you're "good with" has said it and bragged about it.

He was hoping for Mike Remmers to get injured first, but said he was okay that it was Michael Oher instead.

He bragged about being happy with it even after the word came down that Oher's injury might have permanent effects.

The posts are easy to find if you want to see them.

Hoping for opponents to get injured is bad enough, but our own players? That's pretty sick.

Still "okay"?

Yea, he's still ok with me. What does any of that you just posted have to do with me? 

I'm not a bully like you, man. He hasn't done a thing to me to make me not ok with him. Also, no I don't agree with what he said, but I can still be friendly with individuals, even if I don't agree with what they say or do. Im seriously laughing at this. You seem legit upset that I said he's alright with me. Sorry, I'm not going to join you or anyone's circle jerk.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The guy you both say you're good with has said it and bragged about it.

He was hoping for Mike Remmers to get injured first, but said he was okay that it was Michael Oher instead.

He bragged about being happy with it even after the word came down that Oher's injury might have permanent effects.

The posts are easy to find if you want to see them.

Hoping for opponents to get injured is bad enough, but our own players? That's pretty sick.

Still "alright"?

grievance: mr scot's gotcha-posting. come on, he said he's not okay with it. the obvious alternative is that someone can be alright with him while also disagreeing with him. i disagree with you plenty but you're still alright with me. i disagree with aceboogie on plenty but he's still alright with me. CRA disagrees with me on plenty but i'm probably still alright with him.

not hard at all

9 hours ago, Kakarot said:

Yea, he's still ok with me. What does any of that you just posted have to do with me? 

I'm not a bully like you, man. He hasn't done a thing to me to make me not ok with him. Also, no I don't agree with what he said, but I can still be friendly with individuals, even if I don't agree with what they say or do. Im seriously laughing at this. You seem legit upset that I said he's alright with me. Sorry, I'm not going to join you or anyone's circle jerk.

Just pointing it out to ya. What you do with it from here is up to you.

And no, I'm not okay with hoping our own guys get hurt.  These aren't digital images on a screen. They're real people, many with families to support.

It's one thing to judge their performance on the field. Wishing an actual injury on a person for a game is a sign of a despicable human being.

7 hours ago, PhillyB said:

grievance: mr scot's gotcha-posting. come on, he said he's not okay with it. the obvious alternative is that someone can be alright with him while also disagreeing with him. i disagree with you plenty but you're still alright with me. i disagree with aceboogie on plenty but he's still alright with me. CRA disagrees with me on plenty but i'm probably still alright with him.

not hard at all

And I'm okay with him. Just pointing out a fact that I figured (correctly) he didn't know.

Regardless, hat Rainmaker has said is pretty disgusting. I've never been accepting of people wishing injuries on opponents. Wishing them on our own players, though? That's a special kind of low.

While I'm thinking of it, here's something that's not so much a grievance as just an observation.

I discovered a while back that I live in this strange reality where the people with whom I'm most likely to agree on questions of politics, religion and other controversial topics are also some of the people whose football opinions I'm most likely to find ridiculous.

The opposite is also true. A lot of the people whose opinions I most respect when it comes to football are people who I couldn't disagree with more on discussions that happen in The Tinderbox.

Mind you, neither of these is always true, but I've found they're both pretty common. And that's actually a major reason why I don't post much in The Tinderbox anymore. 

When I come to this site, I'm primarily interested in talking Panthers football. I'm not out to save the world or reshape the political landscape via the platform of a football message board.

Back when I was regularly doing both types of conversation, I noticed the political discussion had a habit of spilling over into the football arena, and I hated it. So I decided to stick mostly to football here and save my political / religious / economic discussions for the real world. 

Obviously, in the real world there are far more important things to discuss than football.

But this isn't the real world, it's an internet message board.

(as an aside, I've found that online, anonymous discussion doesn't really lend itself well to rational dialogue on controversial topics, but that's a whole discussion of its own)

So for the most part, in politics I stand with the conservatives, and on football I stand with the liberals.

I suppose you could say that means I'm someone who's capable of crossing the aisle.

You could probably also take it to mean that one way or another, I disagree with pretty much everybody :(

Archived