• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Huddle Festivus Airing of Grievances

Jeremy Igo

Board related:

I hate the fact that we've had such a dud year because the previous 2 and a half were decent to good times. This has brought on the bandwagoners who aren't used to years of actual mediocrity and sub-par football so at the first sign of darkness seeping in everyone looses their minds and wants everyone fired.

This place has been near Facebook levels of stupidity and reactionary BS this season and it's been turrible, just turrible. This vocal minority happens to have the loudest voices in here and have really been bringing the vibe down. I can only read so much bitching before I log off and step away.

Also I don't like my bad words being filtered. That poo is fuging annoying sometimes. Jesus The Golden Calf of Bristol Christ derp

Panther related:

Cam - you're throwing the ball like crap and staring down your reads. Fix it.

O-line - you're injured as hell. Get Better.

Benjamin - you're lazy as hell. Fix it.

Ealy - I'm disappointed in you. Be a better player. 

Rivera - what the poo dude? Why are you still making dumbass rookie coach mistakes? Be a better coach.

Shula - Just resign, please

Short - I'm glad we didn't give you a fat contract this offseason because you're playing uninspired.

Gettleman - 54_zpsttasqmsk.gif

You have a ton of cap space this offseason. Use it to get a better line on both sides of the ball. Also get a good safety.

Also draft a good RB. 

I've been much more lenient with you because you haven't destroyed us cap wise like your predecessor did in the past, but with all the money you will have at your disposal, you better use it wisely because I'll actually be upset at you if this happens next year because there will be no excuse for it. 

TL;DR Make the Huddle Great Again 2017

2 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Board related:

I hate the fact that we've had such a dud year because the previous 2 and a half were decent to good times. This has brought on the bandwagoners who aren't used to years of actual mediocrity and sub-par football so at the first sign of darkness seeping in everyone looses their minds and wants everyone fired.

This place has been near Facebook levels of stupidity and reactionary BS this season and it's been turrible, just turrible. This vocal minority happens to have the loudest voices in here and have really been bringing the vibe down. I can only read so much bitching before I log off and step away.

Also I don't like my bad words being filtered. That poo is fuging annoying sometimes. Jesus The Golden Calf of Bristol Christ derp

Panther related:

Cam - you're throwing the ball like crap and staring down your reads. Fix it.

O-line - you're injured as hell. Get Better.

Benjamin - you're lazy as hell. Fix it.

Ealy - I'm disappointed in you. Be a better player. 

Rivera - what the poo dude? Why are you still making dumbass rookie coach mistakes? Be a better coach.

Shula - Just resign, please

Short - I'm glad we didn't give you a fat contract this offseason because you're playing uninspired.

Gettleman - 54_zpsttasqmsk.gif

You have a ton of cap space this offseason. Use it to get a better line on both sides of the ball. Also get a good safety.

Also draft a good RB. 

I've been much more lenient with you because you haven't destroyed us cap wise like your predecessor did in the past, but with all the money you will have at your disposal, you better use it wisely because I'll actually be upset at you if this happens next year because there will be no excuse for it. 

TL;DR Make the Huddle Great Again 2017

I second this!  Good on ya mate.

there are two sides to dealing with the trolls and shitposters

this board used to be self-policed with the negative/positive reputation feature.  this was good for locking posters who were only around to be a pain in the ass in smack.  the flip side was that it created something of an echo chamber on this site.  if you were a new poster who showed up in, say, 2008 saying we needed to fire fox and replace jake you wouldn't be able to post on the main boards because your ass would be toast instantaneously.  you'd get flamed, your rep would be in the red, and you'd basically be run off the site even if there was merit to what you were saying.  if you were a new poster you had to be very careful about how you expressed your opinions if they were controversial.  hell my first ever post on this site in 2006 got neg repped.

obviously it's not like that now and, if i had to make a call on it, i'd say this place is actually somewhat more lenient with regard to dissent than it was in the past.  not that the users are necessarily really all that different, but the self-policing aspect is gone.

anyway here's a cute kitten and dog

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

The reason Josh is not here is because he was not allowed to negotiate all the way to the deadline, which he is entitled to do under the rules of the CBA. Who is to say Josh would have not signed the tender or taken less on a long term contract in July?

Norman earned that right as a player performing well and coming off his rookie contract under the new CBA - possibly his only shot at maximizing his value.

Rescinding a tender or refusing to negotiate with a player of value coming off their rookie contract because it is inconvenient for a GM is highly disrespectful coming from any organization. It was clearly an ego move that has backfired on the Panthers.

If it were about money, then Norman would have made a clear statement he wanted to test the market and would not entertain a franchise tag. Norman wanted to stay a Panther and everyone knows that. He just wanted his time to negotiate to maximize his value and Gettleman felt like he was being disrespected. A fatal flaw by a GM in any sport.

I think you're on the money with this, except for the part aboyt G-man feeling disrespected. I don't feel he felt disrespected as much as he just wanted to be a hardass because of his hogmollie-sized ego.

I just want a killer mentality on the team. 

When we're up by 3, play like we're up by three and add to the lead. Don't pump the breaks in the middle of the 2nd quarter. Likewise, if we're up by 17 after the half, don't call plays as if we're up by 30.

On 3rd and 7, don't rush three when the CBs are asked to line up 8 yards off the LOS. 

Stop with the option bs if we're never gonna actually run Cam. It's painfully obvious Stew is gonna get the ball and we're just telegraphing that to the D. 

Oh and fug CPK. He actually makes me miss PFFL.

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

The reason Josh is not here is because he was not allowed to negotiate all the way to the deadline, which he is entitled to do under the rules of the CBA. Who is to say Josh would have not signed the tender or taken less on a long term contract in July?

Norman earned that right as a player performing well and coming off his rookie contract under the new CBA - possibly his only shot at maximizing his value.

Rescinding a tender or refusing to negotiate with a player of value coming off their rookie contract because it is inconvenient for a GM is highly disrespectful coming from any organization. It was clearly an ego move that has backfired on the Panthers.

If it were about money, then Norman would have made a clear statement he wanted to test the market and would not entertain a franchise tag. Norman wanted to stay a Panther and everyone knows that. He just wanted his time to negotiate to maximize his value and Gettleman felt like he was being disrespected. A fatal flaw by a GM in any sport.

LOL

dude if you get offered a job and you don't sign that's on you not on a CBA guideline 

he's being hypocritical and if your'e too blind to see that idk what to tell you

8 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

We just better than you bruh ,'Tis the season.

<@Jeremy Igo, @Kakarot , @KB_fan, @Krovvy, @truthjuice, @SpeedOFLight @Chaos @Kevin Greene, @frash.exe 

>

Untitled-1.png

Archived