• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst Memory as a Panther Fan?

Panthers73

John Kasay was not the reason the panthers loss the Super Bowl.

He did himself no favor by kicking the ball out of bounds.But on that last drive the patriots were flagged for holding (10 yard penalty) which means that the kick out of bounds only netted the pats 10 yards. The defense had a chance to get them off the field on 3rd down but Brady found Deion Branch which set up the game winning FG.

The defense was tired and Brady had been in that situation before.

John Fox's timeout was the killer.

Just now, carolinajay said:

John Kasay was not the reason the panthers loss the Super Bowl.

He did himself no favor by kicking the ball out of bounds.But on that last drive the patriots were flagged for holding (10 yard penalty) which means that the kick out of bounds only netted the pats 10 yards. The defense had a chance to get them off the field on 3rd down but Brady found Deion Branch which set up the game winning FG.

The defense was tired and Brady had been in that situation before.

John Fox's timeout was the killer.

Fox's two 2 point conversions were the killer.

The worst panthers memory for me.... One year, Sunday before Christmas, I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple of hours went by. Dad wasn’t home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. And that’s when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He’d been climbing down the chimney on Christmas Eve, his arms loaded with cheap, high quality panthers jerseys. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that’s how I found out there was no Santa Claus.

On 12/14/2016 at 6:01 PM, carolinajay said:

Buffalo Bills game in 2013. 

Wondered if even ONE person would mention this because honestly I think this is mine. When I think of "worst memory", I think of hurt. And few Panthers games hurt as badly as the ending of that one did. You have to realize... there's different kinds of hurt. SB38 hurt but shortly after it was nothing but pride and amazement that we went that far (and the 2003 season remains to this day my favorite season of all of my teams). SB50 hurt because it was a punch in the stomach after we were CERTAIN it was our night and our time. But that loss in Buffalo, the way it ended... it was like the final straw. The agonizing, unimaginable losses of 2011/2012 were awful to go through... and then we find out, they're STILL happening in 2013? STILL?! The loss to Seattle in the opener was one thing... the loss in Buffalo nearly had me in tears. We had the win, the game was over... and then the flag, then the lob to Stevie Johnson, then pure anger/heartbreak/frustration. Fortunately, that dark day marked the end of those painful last-second losses for a while. 2013 ended up being a lot of fun after that.

The infamous 2009 Arizona playoff game doesn't come to mind when I think of hurt, because I remember just literally being too stunned and shocked to feel hurt. I couldn't process what happened. I had Super Bowl visions, and then... that? Especially after the promising opening drive? It was like, what in the world just happened?

SNF against Dallas in 2006 was just awful. Tony Romo's days may be numbered, but remember kids... we got it all started for him on that brutal October night.

Someone mentioned the 2008 Giants game... man that one was a crusher because the stakes were so high. I remember KNOWING that game would get flexed once it became apparent that the #1 seed in the NFC would be on the line. I wanted that win so badly.

The Seahawks playoff loss in 2015 hurt for different reasons. I remember not even seeing Kam Chancellor reach the end zone because I had already hidden my face in tears almost immediately after his pick. But that loss hurt because it felt like the season had really just started. I was having so much fun and I didn't want it to end. The first three months were largely disappointing... and then we had the six-game losing streak where near-2010 levels of apathy set in. The surprise blowout win in the Superdome felt like the true beginning of the 2014 season to me... and then it was over, just like that. That final month was an appropriate lead-in to the 2015 season, though... it truly set the stage.

This is a MASSIVE post but this is what happens when you get me talking about my most favorite team ever haha. I love them. I get mad at them, I lose hope in them sometimes... but I will never, ever stop loving them. For all these painful memories, they've given me even more wonderful ones.

Ahh, sigh. I've been a Panthers fan for 15 years but I definitely would have to say that Super Bowl 50 was the most heartbreaking moment for me as a fan. No one predicted the Panthers to do ANYTHING after losing KB, and to see them go on that run was incredible. The reason why it hurt so much was because we were the overwhelming favorite to win, and the game could've been ours. A miraculous season was snapped by a few dumb mistakes and that stupid call that lead to the strep sack. If Cam held on to the ball, the score at the end of the 4th would've been 10-9. If Gano made that field goal, 13-6. There was NO reason to lose that game. 

It was a horrible feeling really. I was living in Jordan earlier in the year doing some work with a foundation. I stayed up until 1 am, took a taxi with my friend across the city to a smokey bar that was showing the game. I paid a $30 cover charge, and was heckled all night by Bronco fans. My friend and I left after the fumble, which was about 5 am our time. We tried finding a taxi to take us home but there weren't any running so we had to walk all the way home. Didn't get there till 7 am, and I'm still bummed about it :/

Archived