• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst Memory as a Panther Fan?

Panthers73

Top 3

1.) Kasey kick out of bounds.. I was like high school but remember falling to my knees knowing its over.

2.) Delhomme's playoff pick-fest at home vs Cardinals

3.) entire Super Bowl 50.  After the Cotchery non-catch I had feelings from 1 and 2 the entire game.

8 hours ago, Kakarot said:

SB50 was tough, too. I just knew we were going to blow Denver out. We were supposed to finish off a historic season with a group picture on the sideline with the team doing the dab one last time. I even hosted a SB party. Man, was I shocked. I knew once Gano missed that FG before the half that it just wasn't going to be our night.

I'll tell you one thing. If we're able to get to another SB in my lifetime, I won't throw another party or be confident at all. I was wearing one of those "believe" shirts that I got in Charlotte from a street vendor during the game. I haven't touched that shirt since. I just hope it doesn't take another 10+ years to get back

I was the opposite.  I was scared to death of those defensive backs that Denver was trotting out there, and worried that the lights would be too bright for our boys.  Unfortunately, turned out to be right.

Back to the point....SB 50 was a bad one, but I think the AZ game hurt worse than that.

16 hours ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Probably walking out of Super Bowl 50 right before the Broncos began taking knees to guarantee the win. I turned around in the parking lot surrounding the stadium only to see and hear Bronco colored fireworks going off while the confetti cannons launched gold confetti everywhere. That parking lot was a desolate wasteland of Panther fans and no one else. I was in shock and proceeded to drive nearly 6 hours back to Los Angeles, sleep in the backseat of my car, and wake up for a 7:00am UCLA football workout the next day. To this day my SB50 ticket is in the passenger side door of my car and it'll probably stay there forever.

Hot damn that was a long suckass walk back to the parking lot we were in. We just had to get back up to SF, can't imagine 6 hours on the freeway alone stewing in that crap.

I am so glad I stopped myself walking in and thought "Hey no matter what happens in there remember this moment. You are walking into the SUPER BOWL with your wife and friends and it's one of the greatest times you've ever had." It really helped me out the next few days.

Worst memory is easy, even though it really didn't change a season or anything like that - and that's Atlantas pick six of Delhomme in OT in 2003. Along with Vick defying gravity.

How about going into a season with Jeff Lewis as your starter only to cut him and start Weinke. Then beat the Vikings and run the opening kick back, and then lose out the rest of the year?

1996 NFC Championship in Green Bay

Sean Gilbert

Our receiving corps after Moose

Pickles

18 hours ago, bull123 said:

the whole vick era....for a while we just couldn't beat that guy

fug him, he was a magician and there for a while was the dream QB for the Falcons.  But that game man, I remember we got out to a rough start.  I think we were trailing by two scores headed into the fourth then Peppers tied it on a strip to the HOUSE but Vick was just too good, we couldn't slow him down and the Falcons won in OT.  That game symbolized our season.  We got out to a bad start, then started building momentum just couldn't get it done.  I think we had a chance to make some noise in the playoffs, but that game (plus a terrible loss to the Saints at home) kept us out.

1. Arizona Playoff Loss (2008)

2. Implosion in Season Opener (2009)

3. NFC Championship Loss (2005)

4. Super Bowl XXXVIII Loss (2003)

5. 49ers Divisional Playoff Loss (2013)

Personally, Super Bowl 50 doesn't even crack the top-5. I think I was subconsciously preparing myself for a loss all week prior to the game. Just had a bad feeling leading up to it and wasn't as down about that loss as I was about the five I listed above.

The top 2 because they both kind of go together and, as was said above, signified that our window had closed for the foreseeable future. Number 3 because I legitimately felt we had such momentum going into that game that it would carry us back to the Super Bowl and to lose the game like we did was rough. Number 4 was bittersweet, as I was so proud of that team for making it that far when nobody expected them to, but to lose it in the end the same way we had won so many games that year was a tough way to lose. The 49ers playoff game because of how that game played out with the bad calls seemingly robbing us of the game. Realistically, though, we weren't beating Seattle at home that year.

Archived