• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst Memory as a Panther Fan?

Panthers73

4 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Cards game. No doubt. 

I can't think of anything close to that. Neither of the Super Bowl losses were as bad as sitting amongst all the cards fans that came down to the lower level when the stadium emptied midway through the fourth. Watching us get trounced in our first home playoff game since the 2003 season was brutal. Not too mention it started raining as it was ending. 

Just an awful night. 

I'll add a regular season game to this list:. The Baltimore game we started Brian St. Pierre. 

Baltimore fans took over that stadium that day and I realized we were headed into a long long rebuild. Fortunately we got Cam out of that whol debacle so it's hard to be too dissapointed. 

Refs blatantly cheating us out of Superbowl 50 so Peyton could have his ring.

Smitty getting ejected vs Dallas.

Actually every game vs Dallas in the Delhomme era(Regular Season)

Continuously starting Jimmy Clausen over Matt Moore who was 100 times better but Fox said fug it like an asshole 

6 hours ago, sean705 said:

The 2009 Home opener

i actually am going with this too. in all of our big disappointing moments there was always hope on the horizon. both super bowls we assumed we were gonna be awesome as hell the following year. nakamura? whatever, we still had cam. jake's meltdown? devastating, but double trouble was gonna lead the way for his comeback. there was always hope.

but that eagles game... i still remember it. great opening possession, deangelo took a pitch left and ran around jordan gross for a touchdown, and then we never sniffed hope again until the minnesota game. i think we all knew at that point the franchise was in for some tough years.

you could add in the 2010 opener too, on that note. we were all high off of matt moore's late-season heroics making gary barnidge look good before it was cool and then he came out flat against the giants and the entire season began circling the drain before our very eyes.

SB50 was ass, but at least we have hope.

16 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i actually am going with this too. in all of our big disappointing moments there was always hope on the horizon. both super bowls we assumed we were gonna be awesome as hell the following year. nakamura? whatever, we still had cam. jake's meltdown? devastating, but double trouble was gonna lead the way for his comeback. there was always hope.

but that eagles game... i still remember it. great opening possession, deangelo took a pitch left and ran around jordan gross for a touchdown, and then we never sniffed hope again until the minnesota game. i think we all knew at that point the franchise was in for some tough years.

you could add in the 2010 opener too, on that note. we were all high off of matt moore's late-season heroics making gary barnidge look good before it was cool and then he came out flat against the giants and the entire season began circling the drain before our very eyes.

SB50 was ass, but at least we have hope.

Spot on. It especially sucked watching Jake's retirement party against Philly  because we the fans were consistently spoon fed the idea and possibility of  a Comeback Player of the Year performance for Jake the whole off season. Jake's demise as a professional QB in itself is one of my worst memories as a Panther Fan.

SB50 was tough, too. I just knew we were going to blow Denver out. We were supposed to finish off a historic season with a group picture on the sideline with the team doing the dab one last time. I even hosted a SB party. Man, was I shocked. I knew once Gano missed that FG before the half that it just wasn't going to be our night.

I'll tell you one thing. If we're able to get to another SB in my lifetime, I won't throw another party or be confident at all. I was wearing one of those "believe" shirts that I got in Charlotte from a street vendor during the game. I haven't touched that shirt since. I just hope it doesn't take another 10+ years to get back

Archived