• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst Memory as a Panther Fan?

Panthers73

The 2009 Home opener... This was before we had PSLs, and my wife was 6 months pregnant with my son at the time. We had bought the tickets as soon as they went on sale like we always did (two games every year) and chose the home opener so my wife could go before she was TOO pregnant.. little did we know..

Row 17 in the uppers with a 6 month pregnant wife, where she could only make it up the stairs twice, sitting around Eagles fans who I wanted to punch, watching as Jake threw 250 picks in that game, and it was hot as hell that day.. miserable. 

3 hours ago, sean705 said:

The 2009 Home opener... This was before we had PSLs, and my wife was 6 months pregnant with my son at the time. We had bought the tickets as soon as they went on sale like we always did (two games every year) and chose the home opener so my wife could go before she was TOO pregnant.. little did we know..

Row 17 in the uppers with a 6 month pregnant wife, where she could only make it up the stairs twice, sitting around Eagles fans who I wanted to punch, watching as Jake threw 250 picks in that game, and it was hot as hell that day.. miserable. 

What a sad game. Jake was officially done.

Desean Jackson's bomb celebration on that punt return TD made me

Kanye-West-Laugh-Serious.gif

5 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Jake's meltdown in 2008 has to be #1. That was a super bowl team if not for Jake's Tommy John arm breakdown. That team could have won multiple super bowls.

Right, and what made that hurt so bad looking at it now is we went into 4 to 5 season drought where we didn't see the playoffs again. Some dark ages.

Just now, Kakarot said:

Right, and what made that hurt so bad looking at it now is we went into 4 to 5 season drought where we didn't see the playoffs again. Some dark ages.

Couldn't find another franchise QB. Had everything in place except for that guy. Cam on that team would have got us 2 or 3 easy - if we could have kept them together long enough.

In retrospect, the game at Atlanta in 2007 set the stage for the 2008 playoff debacle. Jake throws a pass and then grabs his elbow. It seemed so minor but Jake was really finished that day.

For me, it's not a moment I can pinpoint exactly but it was when I knew John Fox was coaching only because JR was too cheap to fire him due to the looming lockout. Fox stopped caring and was making snippy comments aimed at the front office. With the cruddy roster and cap problems, I could tell that there wasn't much to hope for.

I mean you would think it would have to be a Super Bowl loss. 

End of the day I was always proud of the Cardiac Cats of 2003.  

Mine likely will always be the AZ implosion 

Denver a close second and nothing really close after those two 

1 hour ago, Kakarot said:

Delhomme vs Arizona.

I was going to school at A&T, and you'd think with the school being in NC, it would be dominated with Panther fans, but nope it wasn't! (I should've known that growing up in Winston as a Panthers fan)

Anyways, I was all Panther'd out. Had my Gamble jersey on, and was going around campus feeling good. Well, I watched that game in the cafe, and as Delhomme kept throwing the picks, more and more people just came to me laughing and clowning. Finally, I said screw this and just walked out. Of course while I was walking out, I kept hearing the laughing. Never been more embarrassed in my life, but looking back at it, I should've seen it coming. Jake had given hints throughout the season that he was going to self destruct. He finally did it that night.

I was in there like...

IMG_3299.GIF

yeah i was a broke college student then and scraped together every last cent i had to get into that game.  i stayed until the bitter end and watched the couple hundred cardinals fans who showed up congregate in the completely empty lower bowl behind the visitor's bench and celebrate with the team.

and if i'm being honest, nakamura felt worse than that.

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

The Delhomme debacle of 2008. That game against the Cards was awful. We scored what, 14 real quick points...and then got demolished.

williams broke off a big one on the opening drive and then stewart walked into the endzone.  i was sitting there going "these dudes aren't going to be able to do a damn thing to stop us tonight"

and then the rest of the game happened, starting with the sack fumble.  it's all a blur now, but there was an interception in the end zone that might have been the first or second of the night.  jake rolled out and sort of floated it in the general direction of steve smith and a cardinal (don't remember if it was  DB or LB) who had been reading it all the way just kind of stepped right in front of it for an easy pick.  i knew what we were in for at that point.

Archived