• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Paranormal Activity

tarheelblue89

Maybe he thought it was one of his own films, and that was what was so funny?

He wouldn't be laughing if I was there... He'd be cowering in the corner crying, just like you were when you got home from seeing this movie...

Chuck Norris only accepts manly roles. You're one of those artsy fartsy actors. And you wear one of those silly French hats in public.

Anyone want to go in on a ouija board and we can go over to Johnny Rockets' place?

That wouldn't bother me. I don't believe in the paranormal so no big deal, but watching it in a movie theater is a different story.

Kind of like the old Nightmare on Elm street movies.....I obviously don't believe that there is someone that can kill me in my dreams, but put me in a movie theater with Freddy Kruger on the screen with a little Dokken playing and forget it.....

The wife and I saw it this past weekend... I thought it was meh...

Overall, it was well done for it's budget and it earns every cent it makes...

The nitpicky things I saw, which can be attributed to the budget most likely but are sloppy film practices:

During parts of the dialogue, you can clearly see edit points... (IE someone is asked a question, and in the middle of their answer, their position changes just slightly...)

The psychic guy was obviously an actor... (IE he didn't sell the "realism" tone the film was shooting for)...

Overall, my picky rating is a 6/10... I just expected to be more "scared" I guess, and knowing it was fake to begin with didn't help...

Also, not really having a firm belief in the supernatural probably took away from the fun of it...

I think my wife was freaked out a little, and we had to spend the next two nights sleeping with the bedroom door closed, but other than that... it was "meh"....

movie was shot for $15,000. it's practically a student film. i'm amazed it's actually scary at all, doesn't matter how good it actually it is though, it's a masterful example of marketing.

I downloaded it the other day, and the version that I saw had a different ending than the theatrical version. Either way, it was wayyyyyyyyy over hyped. There were a few scary moments, but other than that, I just wanted to see the chicks tits.

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT

The moment he brought the ouija board in, that's when I started to squirm because, like any good horror movie, at that moment it took control away from you as an audience member and you now had to live with his dumb decision. From that point on I was uncomfortable because I felt I was no longer in control.

The man who first figured this out? Alfred Hitchcock.

• 2 months later...

Archived