• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Paranormal Activity

tarheelblue89

Just got back about an hour ago. Fantastic movie. If you're thinking of watching it, go. Now. Stop thinking and find a late showing of it. If you can't see it tonight, go tomorrow night. But definately go at night, go in a little under the influence if that's your thing, and then go home and not sleep. I wasn't scared of the movie but I still thought it was damn entertaining. My wife, on the other hand, is wired.

I saw it. The chick is a lot like my ex, who while we were dating claimed that something was hovering over her bed while she was staying in Wilmington once. She was all into that kind of stuff.

It does what most good scary movies do, which is make you say "why are you doing that?" to one of the main characters throughout.

is it psychologically scary or "constant sudden loud noises" scary?

There are some very scary loud noises, especially toward the end, but most of the scare factor is creepiness. Like her standing by the bed for hours at a time staring at him while he sleeps, then unaware she did it in the morning.

The wife and I saw it this past weekend... I thought it was meh...

Overall, it was well done for it's budget and it earns every cent it makes...

The nitpicky things I saw, which can be attributed to the budget most likely but are sloppy film practices:

During parts of the dialogue, you can clearly see edit points... (IE someone is asked a question, and in the middle of their answer, their position changes just slightly...)

The psychic guy was obviously an actor... (IE he didn't sell the "realism" tone the film was shooting for)...

Overall, my picky rating is a 6/10... I just expected to be more "scared" I guess, and knowing it was fake to begin with didn't help...

Also, not really having a firm belief in the supernatural probably took away from the fun of it...

I think my wife was freaked out a little, and we had to spend the next two nights sleeping with the bedroom door closed, but other than that... it was "meh"....

The wife and I saw it this past weekend... I thought it was meh...

Overall, it was well done for it's budget and it earns every cent it makes...

The nitpicky things I saw, which can be attributed to the budget most likely but are sloppy film practices:

During parts of the dialogue, you can clearly see edit points... (IE someone is asked a question, and in the middle of their answer, their position changes just slightly...)

The psychic guy was obviously an actor... (IE he didn't sell the "realism" tone the film was shooting for)...

Overall, my picky rating is a 6/10... I just expected to be more "scared" I guess, and knowing it was fake to begin with didn't help...

Also, not really having a firm belief in the supernatural probably took away from the fun of it...

I think my wife was freaked out a little, and we had to spend the next two nights sleeping with the bedroom door closed, but other than that... it was "meh"....

I heard that Chuck Norris couldn't stop laughing. But everyone was afraid to ask him to leave.

Archived