• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Halloween

XClown1986

edit: That's classic about Phantasm though, I bet you were just waiting to hear BOOOOOYYYYYYY!! as you were running home.

I watched the Ring for the first time with my cousin and we were terrified. We were watching it in a storm, and when the movie went off, we turned the dvd player off and tried to watch something funny to get us unscared I guess. Well the storm knocked the cable out and went straight to loud static, of course we swore it was the girl and freaked out for a second. Hilarious.

The door in my bedroom had a full length mirror on it. I was afraid to shut it :lol:

I remember coming out of The Ring at the theater and seeing a group of teenaged girls that were huddled together whimpering. They were very freaked out.

The ex-wife's hands were shaking by the end of The Grudge. She didn't sleep well that night. Same deal on the Blair Witch Project. And we watched Session 9 after midnight with the lights off (the only way to go).

Fifteen minutes into Jeepers Creepers, the ex was begging me to leave. She couldn't watch anymore. At that point, I was thinking it was going to be one of the scariest movies I'd ever watched. then halfway in they turned it into just another stupid rubber-mask monster movie :incazzato:

And yeah, the "Tales from the Darkside" opening really helped make the show. Ditto for Night Gallery.

(man I wish I got the Chiller channel) :(

Fifteen minutes into Jeepers Creepers, the ex was begging me to leave. She couldn't watch anymore. At that point, I was thinking it was going to be one of the scariest movies I'd ever watched. then halfway in they turned it into just another stupid rubber-mask monster movie :incazzato:

:(

Man when they drove by that house and saw him throwing that body down the tunnel and he just stared at them as they drove by, I had NEVER felt so terrified watching a horror flick. When it turned out he was just a bat in a trenchcoat I was so pissed off. I can still watch the movie, but only for what it builds the story up to be, not the end result. Just the idea of NOT knowing what it was, was scarier to me.

I love Halloween too. I usually cant wait for it to come. But this year I'm kinda down in the dumps. We usually put on a haunted house in our garage and invite friends over to dress up and be in it to scare all the kiddos. I haven't made up my mind if I'm going to do it yet.

That sounds like a blast. Id do it.

Okay, one Halloween tradition I'm sure nobody shares: At some point late in the night I like to go alone to the darkest, most quiet spot I can find and just stand by myself and feel the air around me.

Anybody else up for it?

Hello Mr. Scot....my name is Air.

:D

Hello Mr. Scot....my name is Air.

:D

Trust me. It's a palpable feeling late night on Halloween. I generally pray.

(no, not because I'm scared) :sosp:

Admittedly, when I hit my teens, I used to do a lot more stuff like this just to sort of test myself.

The future Mrs wants to go on some of these haunted tours, like the old Moundsville prison in West Virginia and such.

Trust me. It's a palpable feeling late night on Halloween. I generally pray.

(no, not because I'm scared) :sosp:

Admittedly, when I hit my teens, I used to do a lot more stuff like this just to sort of test myself.

The future Mrs wants to go on some of these haunted tours, like the old Moundsville prison in West Virginia and such.

Sounds like it would be fun. You need to check out this site Mr. Scot.

http://theshadowlands.net/places/northcarolina.htm

Shadowland is a laser tag place in Maryland. Incidentally, it's especially fun on Halloween because they turn all the lights off in the game room. Or at least they used to, they may have stopped by now for liability purposes.

I love Halloween. Scary movies, the occult, and it's socially acceptable to frighten children. October-November-December is my favorite stretch of the year. But Thanksgiving takes the award for best holiday. I'm a turkey artisan

I love Halloween.

I decorate a bit and hand out candy to the kids, glow sticks to the little ones (also candy), beers to the adults (I had trick or treat duty for years) and shots of tequilla to whomever wants 'em. I must spend about $300.00 on candy alone and our house is very popular.

True story: One year I was handing out candy and this Mom walks up with her kids. She heard about the glow sticks and wanted to get some for her lil ones. I asked her if she wanted a beer and she said, "no, I am a youth pastor at my church." To which I replied, " oh, I see, you must want a shot of tequilla."

She just stormed off.

Fun times. :D

Archived