• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's Be Real, Cam is Having a Terrible Year.

Panthers73

2 hours ago, thomas96 said:

So because you have some notion in your mind that we don't have a "real" offensive line that means that a play where Cam has ample time and receivers open and instead tries to force a throw or takes a sack because he didn't see the field well can't be evaluated? You're ridiculous. Cam has looked horrible quite a bit this year and it has nothing to do with those around him. He needs to look in the mirror.

He needs to take a look in the mirror just like the GM you go around here championing on this message board needs to look in the mirror. Because just like Cam had an off year, our GM had a terrible offseason.

1 minute ago, weyco2000 said:

Everyone has an opinion, even if it differs from yours.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Your post makes no sense and I'm trying to comprehend your point. Cam not dancing cause were up 20 means what? He doesn't care? Cam hasn't danced or dabbed all year. Its a microcosm of how tamed this team been by Rivera this year after offending so many people last year and its a small part of why this season turned out the way it has

I recall him being very mad after losing about 6 weeks back and he walked out on their dumb-asses and dumbass questions, he got criticized for that. FOR caring. Damned if he do, damned if he dont. Whats embarrassing is I expect the media to be wish washy, but fans... support your QB

Why bring up those two? They're irrelevant. I've never bought into either of these guys being among the top QBs. Cam should be. Luck is slightly above average at best, while Wilson's probably in that second tier. Outside of today Wilson really hasn't been all that bad this year. And he's got less around him on O than Cam (albeit a better offensive coaching staff).

Heck no, he has more than cam

4 minutes ago, Verge said:

Andrew Luck throws 15 tds to 12 ints, was going to hit 20 ints if healthy, and was sinking his team with bad decisions last year, none of this talk was had about him. Wonder why.

Andrew Luck turns the ball over a ton, and has had seasons where he's completed 54% and 55% of his passes, and yet you still had these same individuals on here who would always say he's an upper tier or above average QB, but all of a sudden Cam (who's never had completion %'s that low up until this year) is not above average anymore?

Its been a down year for him, but he will bounce back. And even in his down year, he's still going to pass around 20 TD's and still have his INT's pretty low. There's QB's like Manning and Farve who have had seasons where they threw more INT's than TD's. Cam ain't done that yet. He's fine in my book, and will continue to improve.

17 minutes ago, beastson said:

Your post makes no sense and I'm trying to comprehend your point. Cam not dancing cause were up 20 means what? He doesn't care? Cam hasn't danced or dabbed all year. Its a microcosm of how tamed this team been by Rivera this year after offending so many people last year and its a small part of why this season turned out the way it has

I recall him being very mad after losing about 6 weeks back and he walked out on their dumb-asses and dumbass questions, he got criticized for that. FOR caring. Damned if he do, damned if he dont. Whats embarrassing is I expect the media to be wish washy, but fans... support your QB

Ironically, some of these same posters had a problem with him dancing last year and having fun. Now, it's a problem when he doesn't do it. You're right...he's damned if he do, damned if he doesn't with this group of fans

He's not the only one. I don't even know what to say, so I laugh. It's the easy route. 

Are you Cam's girlfriend? Look at his stats and his on the field demeanor, there's an underlying problem with Cam. I've been here for quite some time and usually I don't have much to say, but I think everyone is growing tired of your "lol" and "lmao" responses. When you're a captain, you're a damn leader.

The loss of Jerricho Cotchery and his reliability (especially on 3rd down) is what is being missed. Cam had Olsen and Cotchery to go to when he needed to make a play. Now, he just has Olsen. All the other receivers have trouble catching the ball consistently.

We also must realize that the Panthers are trailing in games more this season than they were last season. In 2015, the Panthers trailed on 17.3% of their drives. Compare that to 2016 with the Panthers trailing on 38.6% of their drives. This has led to the play calling going from 48% run in 2015 to 39% run in 2016. Couple that with receivers who lack reliable hands and OTs who struggle to pass block, and then being forced to pass and play from behind (especially late in games) is going to result in a dramatic decline.

The defense fed the offense last season. That has not been the case with the defense struggling and on pace to put up a franchise worst performance in 2016.

If we keep using the record breaking offensive performance of 2015 as the base line to assessing the offense every season, then we will be disappointed almost every year. Now, holding the defense to a higher standard then what they have put on the field this season is in the realm of reason. There is no reason the Panthers should have fielded a defense that has been as ineffective as the 2016 defense following the foundation the Panthers had in place following the 2015 season.

Just now, weyco2000 said:

Are you Cam's girlfriend? Look at his stats and his on the field demeanor, there's an underlying problem with Cam. I've been here for quite some time and usually I don't have much to say, but I think everyone is growing tired of your "lol" and "lmao" responses. When you're a captain, you're a damn leader.

And the fact that you don't think he's being a leader doesn't matter. His teammates constantly call him the leader of the team. Sorry he's not the type of leader you want him to be, but it doesn't really matter what you want him to be, because you're not on the field with him

6 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

LOL, am I supposed to be scared? you and whoever else can grow tired of them but when something is ridiculous, funny or both, I LOL. I am sorry that you don't think he's a leader. I don't think your opinion matters much at BOA. But congratulations my friend. 

2 hours ago, The Lobo said:

I wouldn't say terrible, but it's not stellar. Just a poo season. Let's keep the wins going and finish strong and bounce back next year.

I think after his amazing year last year, some of us expected or hoped his game would be even better or at least as good. I see a lot of guys don't hold him to those standards or just think he is pretty good that needs stellar play from the team to be good instead his stellar play carry the team like last year. 

1 hour ago, mcdougal said:

If you are a defense man then please shut up about the offense. You cannot sit up here complaining about lack of offensive production...being fully supportive of our approach to go defense, defense, defense.

If you want to go that route, then please shut up when the end result is a struggling offense.

This is like the Colts complaining about their defense...forgetting that they literally, they spend all their resources into getting a superior offense.

I believe that defenses win championships. I can still look at the offense and say what I'm observing on a football message board. Are there a lot of issues on our team and particularly our offense, including coaching and personnel? Of course. But that doesn't mean Cam is above reproach. Cam homers are ridiculous. He's my favorite QB in the league and I would not pick anybody over him but that doesn't mean that he hasn't struggled and can't/shouldn't play better.

Archived