• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's Be Real, Cam is Having a Terrible Year.

Panthers73

7 minutes ago, TheRed said:

No that would be your track record of routinely getting aired out here like some cheap laundry. 

Cam hasn't played well enough, but he is very low on the list of issues for this franchise.

He's not playing up to his contract or up to his capabilities this year. Guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Manning don't play anywhere near as bad as Cam has been this season, even with poor talent around them. His play this year has been more of an issue when comparing them to expectations than anything else on offense with the exception of the offensive coaching staff. Yes, including the o-line, which hasn't been nearly as bad as people think it is and other QBs have done better with much worse o-lines. Are the expectations of Cam too high? Maybe. But after an MVP season and with what we're paying him I think he should be playing much better than he has this year. Much better.

Just now, thomas96 said:

He's not playing up to his contract or up to his capabilities this year. Guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Manning don't play anywhere near as bad as Cam has been this season, even with poor talent around them. His play this year has been more of an issue when comparing them to expectations than anything else on offense with the exception of the offensive coaching staff. Yes, including the o-line, which hasn't been nearly as bad as people think it is and other QBs have done better with much worse o-lines. Are the expectations of Cam too high? Maybe. But after an MVP season and with what we're paying him I think he should be playing much better than he has this year. Much better.

How's Russell Wilson playing this year? Andrew Luck? 

2 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Of course that's a factor. However you can't deny that there are a lot of plays that Cam has time to throw the ball away and instead opts to try to continue the play and make something out of it resulting in a sack. Clear example off the top of my head was the safety against MN. Oher got blown up but Cam was just as much to blame for the safety because he had time to get rid of the ball. Was not much different than Rivers taking the safety today instead of throwing away. Cam's mindset is that he has to do it all himself every single play. That's fine and results in some insane plays but he has to, like he's said in the past, take what the defense gives him and know when to abandon a play.

That is the good and bad that comes with Cam. Did Cam overcome those 2 points he lost..I think he did until his ankle got hurt.was that the Minnesota game? We still were in position to win that game..Qbs are not perfect ..Hell Brady fumbled when about to score to when a game..do you hear patriot fans wanting to fire Brady...If Cam is is keeping us in position to win games i am fine... mistakes happen..without the mistakes the games would probably be blow outs.He tries so hard bc he knows we are lacking alot of things on the offensive side of the ball...When Cam carries 4 dbs to get a 1st do cry then about his effort?

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

How's Russell Wilson playing this year? Andrew Luck? 

Why bring up those two? They're irrelevant. I've never bought into either of these guys being among the top QBs. Cam should be. Luck is slightly above average at best, while Wilson's probably in that second tier. Outside of today Wilson really hasn't been all that bad this year. And he's got less around him on O than Cam (albeit a better offensive coaching staff).

5 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Andrew Luck routinely leads the league in turnovers and is the highest paid player in NFL history. Cam got paid and won an MVP award with Ted Ginn as his No. 1 WR.

It is not Cam that needs to prove anything in the NFL...it is our Front Office that could never be accused of building something that approaches a championship roster. 

2 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

That is the good and bad that comes with Cam. Did Cam overcome those 2 points he lost..I think he did until his ankle got hurt.was that the Minnesota game? We still were in position to win that game..Qbs are not perfect ..Hell Brady fumbled when about to score to when a game..do you hear patriot fans wanting to fire Brady...If Cam is is keeping us in position to win games i am fine... mistakes happen..without the mistakes the games would probably be blow outs.He tries so hard bc he knows we are lacking alot of things on the offensive side of the ball...When Cam carries 4 dbs to get a 1st do cry then about his effort?

Of course there's going to bad plays and bad games from every QB. Issue with Cam is it's been pretty consistent this year. You see that out of Brady one game. Cam's struggled consistently this year. Has he still been better than a lot of QBs? Yeah, of course. But hasn't been as good as he should be.

3 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

You are comparing him to the wrong guys the golden boys who can not be touched..if Cam had that kind of respect with the officials he would have had the season like last year...Alot those hits would not have happened or flagged...He would not be having flashbacks while having a good protection...You can't  compare apples to oranges not going to work..Shula vs shon peyton, josh daniels, peyton manning is not going to get it..Shula is no where near their level ..brees was decent before he got with payton but not as good..there is more than just looking at Cam say who isnt thats not even a conversation bc Cam is at a disadvantage in every aspect, but it says something when you decide to compare them to him.

Just now, mcdougal said:

Andrew Luck routinely leads the league in turnovers and is the highest paid player in NFL history. Cam got paid and won an MVP award with Ted Ginn as his No. 1 WR.

It is not Cam that needs to prove anything in the NFL...it is our Front Office that could never be accused of building something that approaches a championship roster. 

Luck has nothing to do with Cam at all. Cam was MVP last year. His play last year has absolutely nothing at all to do with what we're talking about. Which is Cam's play this year. Don't even try telling me Cam has been as good this year as he was last year. Last year he was looking off defenders and finding the open man on the 3rd/4th read. This year he has quite a bit stared down KB or Greg and tried to force the throw.

Biggest issue on offense in my opinion is the coaching. From Shula on down. Dorsey has been horrible with Cam. Bring in a good QB coach to help Cam solve some of his issues and that would make a huge difference.

18 minutes ago, mcdougal said:

So if I go through your posting history, I will see a lot of posts demanding that our Front Office get Newton some help right? Like, if I look around the time that we once again drafted defense, after defense, after defense...I will see a bunch of posts where you are voicing your displeasure, right?

If you have nothing to say when our brilliant front office decides to throw trash out on offense in the offseason...then shut up in-season when we can do nothing to solve said problem. 

What does that have to do with anything I've said? Building a team isn't easy and I'm defense man so I have no issues with the front office (although I'd like for DG to force Ron's hand with our offensive coaching staff, like he did with our ST coach a bit ago). When Funchess is wide open on a play and Cam has time and forces it to a covered KB instead that has absolutely nothing to do with the players around him. That's on Cam. More things like this than there should be from a player who should be among the top tier in the league at his position. I'm not talking about the talent on offense, that's a different discussion. I'm just talking about Cam.

4 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Of course there's going to bad plays and bad games from every QB. Issue with Cam is it's been pretty consistent this year. You see that out of Brady one game. Cam's struggled consistently this year. Has he still been better than a lot of QBs? Yeah, of course. But hasn't been as good as he should be.

Of course it is consistent when you consistently have poor plays, suspect line, poor receivers, poor special teams, poor defense, it makes your qb loose confidence..last yr and part this year Rodgers stunk why?  We know superman does not exist but you guys really want Cam to be it.

8 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

You are comparing him to the wrong guys the golden boys who can not be touched..if Cam had that kind of respect with the officials he would have had the season like last year...Alot those hits would not have happened or flagged...He would not be having flashbacks while having a good protection...You can't  compare apples to oranges not going to work..Shula vs shon peyton, josh daniels, peyton manning is not going to get it..Shula is no where near their level ..brees was decent before he got with payton but not as good..there is more than just looking at Cam say who isnt thats not even a conversation bc Cam is at a disadvantage in every aspect, but it says something when you decide to compare them to him.

None of that has anything to do with what we're talking about.

23 minutes ago, beastson said:

Struggling read coverage? And you mean to tell me we got all the way to the SB with him not being able to do that? Check down, please show me the check downs in our offense cause that's definitely not in our offensive playbook. There's no TE hitches, no RB flats or swings. Denver players said our offense ran exactly like it did on tape, you mean SHULA was exposed. Not to mention did you see Denver rushing the passer, they made everybody look bad

And I have no idea what you're talking about in the last sentence or why I wasted time responding to this

Yeah, the truth hurts. We were up 20, where was the dancing and team pics? Oh that's right, Cam's stats weren't great, so let's find a scapegoat. 

Archived