• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's Be Real, Cam is Having a Terrible Year.

Panthers73

19 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Not but 1-2 drops today and Cam Newton may be the worst QB in the league at holding the ball too long instead of throwing it away.
Next.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Well if you actually knew football you would know that our offense requires the qb to hold the ball longer because of the longer developing routes 

1 hour ago, thomas96 said:

So because you have some notion in your mind that we don't have a "real" offensive line that means that a play where Cam has ample time and receivers open and instead tries to force a throw or takes a sack because he didn't see the field well can't be evaluated? You're ridiculous. Cam has looked horrible quite a bit this year and it has nothing to do with those around him. He needs to look in the mirror.

Cam played fine in the Denver game up until the Minnesota game when he hurt his angle...He is a Qb and even though he is tough when running he is usually given the blows or protecting himself..The 1st five games this year  were more hits ( rough hits)that he has probably all last yr. Then the concussion which i am sure is in the back of his head..look how long luke has been out..im just mentioning 1st five games the hits did not stop after then...he is a qb not a wide receiver not a running back like most want to preceive him...I think i would be off to with all he has to put up with..not saying Cam does not share blame bc results are what they are.. I say he has done what needed to be done to put us in position to win in most games...Considering how bad he has been beat up give the guy some credit..sure he has thrown high even with ample time and sure some interceptions but how many games have we been in position to win still. To me all this shows is that when Cam has adjusted to league he is going to be hard to stop..the league knows this that is why they unleashed the hounds..Stop complaining and get behind your QB. He is not working with much but yet we have been in every game except 2 this yr. This whole team will have to adjust to what they have and not go into games blind folded thinking like most clothes say 1 size fits all..We all know thats not true.

Just now, Darvinsun said:

Cam played fine in the Denver game up until the Minnesota game when he hurt his angle...He is a Qb and even though he is tough when running he is usually given the blows or protecting himself..The 1st five games this year  were more hits ( rough hits)that he has probably all last yr. Then the concussion which i am sure is in the back of his head..look how long luke has been out..im just mentioning 1st five games the hits did not stop after then...he is a qb not a wide receiver not a running back like most want to preceive him...I think i would be off to with all he has to put up with..not saying Cam does not share blame bc results are what they are..but to simply just say bad I say he has done what needed to be done to put us in position to win in most games...Considering how bad he has been beat up give the guy some credit..sure he has thrown high even with ample time and sure some interceptions but how many games have we been in position to win still. To me all this shows is that when Cam has adjusted to league he is going to be hard to stop..the league knows this that is why they unleashed the hounds..Stop complaining and get behind your QB. He is not working with much but yet we have been in every game except 2 this yr.

Couldn't have said it better

@nctarheel0619 thread was perfect. Just a quick look at how other QB's are performing. They complain he holds the ball too long and take a sack, I'll take that over forcing it and throwing 3-4 picks a game

1 hour ago, thomas96 said:

So because you have some notion in your mind that we don't have a "real" offensive line that means that a play where Cam has ample time and receivers open and instead tries to force a throw or takes a sack because he didn't see the field well can't be evaluated? You're ridiculous. Cam has looked horrible quite a bit this year and it has nothing to do with those around him. He needs to look in the mirror.

You are a truly god awful poster.

I suggest you watch your tone.

22 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

No one is absolving him or saying he can't be criticized but Cam has way too much working against him than he does for him right now. He has been off all year but he hasn't given up. He's trying to make things happen to give a spark at times and sometimes he just makes dumb decisions. He's not the only QB to do so. As far as him being sacred in Charlotte, that's bs. People can't wait to jump his sh*t over something. 

Really? Cam has the authority to check out of plays based on his reads. The Broncos exposed Cam in the Super Bowl, he struggles with reading coverages and for some reason, refuses to check down. Not to mention the attitude or lack there of, we won by 12 points and the damn CAPTAIN is pouting. 

Archived