• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's Be Real, Cam is Having a Terrible Year.

Panthers73

10 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

Basically, I can understand why he's struggling but he still has to take some responsibility. 

You say this as if he doesn't.

When has he not taken responsibility? He has ALWAYS pointed the finger at himself and covered for the horrible Ron "I'd have taken a shot too" Rivera and Mike "Run it twice and throw on 3rd and long" Shula.

When will Rivera and Shula take some responsibility? THAT will be a Gold Star day when they do.

9 hours ago, Kakarot said:

Also, let's get another thing out in the open. I've stated that this is a down year for Cam.

You see, they can't argue with Cam's fans, they can only argue with the strawman that they build.

They have to accuse us of saying that Cam is "perfect" or "the greatest" (he's been never been either yet because (1) no QB in the league has ever been perfect and (2) he has the ability to be "the greatest" ever but he's never been that as of yet and probably never will be at the rate that Rivera/Shula are getting the kid beat down) because they are insecure in their own arguments.  

If they were secure in their criticisms and arguments, they wouldn't have to build a fake person to argue against.

7 hours ago, theDIRTYcode2 said:

Your QB showed up to a press conference looking like the Joker. Does that mean he's gonna start fighting dogs, hell no. Cam had a great year last year, he also had a pretty damn good defense. Still that doesn't take away from what he did....he's just very, very immature. Every other fan in the league would agree with that. 

Cam has far better physical tools than Matt Ryan, but Matt is a far better QB. Vick had far better tools than most QBS, but he was very immature, and wasn't a good QB. That's what my comparison means.

He does? Matt has Julio Jones. That just cancelled that whole thing. Cam has better tools but Matt is a better QB? Why? Because he doesn't wear ugly outfits and have a piss poor attitude about losing? LMAO

The original idea, that Cam is having a bad year, is absolutely true.  The entire team has had a bad year.  Things that were great last year have fallen on very hard times.  Watching Cam this year, he's not having fun.  Last year, everything was rolling along incredibly well, it was fun.  This year, nothing has gone to plan.  How much of that is on Cam?  Plenty.  He's not making the throws he needs to make.  I noticed yesterday plenty of sailing throws.

Then again, he's also made some great throws as well.  He's made some good plays even in this down year.

I think the biggest thing hurting Cam and the Offense's play has been the design and play calling.  Shula is going to be the fall guy this spring.  It will be up the Ron and Gettleman to find someone who can design and call plays that maxamize our team's strength, and who can attack a defense.

I'm sure that has been brough up before, but I'm not a quippy. 

When you take a ton of hits and a questionable offensive line, it's going to give you PTSD. Things will happen out of sync. Too many off the backfoot throws. Poor play calling. Also, has anyone else noticed that Cam doesn't audible near as much as he did last year? It's like they don't want him underminding Schula.

12 hours ago, thomas96 said:

Why bring up those two? They're irrelevant. I've never bought into either of these guys being among the top QBs. Cam should be. Luck is slightly above average at best, while Wilson's probably in that second tier. Outside of today Wilson really hasn't been all that bad this year. And he's got less around him on O than Cam (albeit a better offensive coaching staff).

Because both of this guys are higher paid 

People are in denial this season.

Cam has absolutely been a problem, as has the O-line, as has Gettleman (more specifically, his offseason's reflection on this season), as has Shula, as has Rivera. But Cam is a proven commodity, as is Rivera, as is Gettleman (to a lesser degree). I fully expect they'll all turn it back around. 

Shula should have been here no more than one season from the start. Any competent ran organization would have made sure that a long  time ago. Props to the people that realize this now. I think there are gonna be a lotta people coming back here once cam is gone claiming what some of us are now.....that we wasted him.  

13 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Are you Cam's girlfriend? Look at his stats and his on the field demeanor, there's an underlying problem with Cam. I've been here for quite some time and usually I don't have much to say, but I think everyone is growing tired of your "lol" and "lmao" responses. When you're a captain, you're a damn leader.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I agree there is something wrong ..The hits, the dropped passes, the mis tackles, blown leads, wrong routes, defeated players, play calling, burned timeouts, lack of coaching confedicence, injuries, officiating. Every damn thing that could have happen to Cam to negatively impact his game has including himself..I am not saying Cam has not made mistakes ..he has but no one has had his back when he needed them to ..Nobody..Now you tell me if that was you would you give a ff.  Cam does because he loves football but its starting to taste real sour when there is no joy in it.

2 hours ago, Randolph Panther said:

Their is just no doubt that Shula needs to be replaced, we need some life brought back into our offense.  We need to upgrade along the offensive line.  

Same question I asked in another thread:

What do you do when Ron says Shula is doing a fine job and he has no plans to fire him?

12 hours ago, Kakarot said:

What's going to be the same? Are you saying Cam is going to get in trouble and miss a few years of football? As for the leader stuff, you've got players on the team who say Cam is the leader of the team and the soul of the team. So what are you talking about?

Cam is the holder of numerous records, reigning MVP, and is well loved in the community for his charities and work in the community. There's no way it can be the "same."

vick didn't really give much of a crap about football when he was in atlanta either, like he reportedly didn't know how to properly watch film until he got to philadelphia and the fact that he immediately had a career year when he became the starter there attests to that.  cam flat out has a better grasp of the game than vick did at this point in his career.

they aren't remotely the same and anybody who tries to act like they are is an idiot.  vick hadn't put anything close to cam's rookie year, let alone his MVP season, together until his eighth year as a pro.

Just now, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

vick didn't really give much of a crap about football when he was in atlanta either, like he reportedly didn't know how to properly watch film until he got to philadelphia and the fact that he immediately had a career year when he became the starter there attests to that.  cam flat out has a better grasp of the game than vick did at this point in his career.

they aren't remotely the same and anybody who tries to act like they are is an idiot.  vick hadn't put anything close to cam's rookie year, let alone his MVP season, together until his eighth year as a pro.

Under an Andy Reid system that made guys like Kevin Kolb and A J Feeley look like great QBs too.

Archived