• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's Be Real, Cam is Having a Terrible Year.

Panthers73

7 minutes ago, Kakarot said:

What does this mean? "This is your Vick years"

Also, @Steve_Smith_Sr. since you pied it, could you explain your interpretation of the Vick years comment, since you agree with it. I'm just curious as to what that means.

It's just that people are unwilling to accept that Cam isn't the greatest.  No, he's not fighting dogs, but he's also not having a great year and is not the greatest QB in the NFL.  That's all it means.  It means we are being HONEST about his performance, nothing more.

Just now, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

It's just that people are unwilling to accept that Cam isn't the greatest.  No, he's not fighting dogs, but he's also not having a great year and is not the greatest QB in the NFL.  That's all it means.  It means we are being HONEST about his performance, nothing more.

So then, what the fug does Michael Vick have to do with any of this? I mean, I feel I know what both you and him are trying to say, but I wanted to give you both the benefit of the doubt.

13 minutes ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

Let's make one thing clear. I grew up a Vick fan,  and I'd consider him one of my favorite players ever, but none of Vicks seasons in ATL compare to any season Cam's had (beside maybe this year). Cam has been the far greater player, and those two aren't even comparable. So, I'm just trying to figure out why he was brought up. I mean, I know why, but I want to give you and the falcon fan the benefit of the doubt.

Also, let's get another thing out in the open. I've stated that this is a down year for Cam. He's got some stuff he really needs to focus on in the offseason; mainly his footwork and those short passes. This is his worst season of his career. But this season and his 2012 season (another season some would consider down) could be argued to be on par with Vicks best seasons in ATL. So why is this like the Vick years?

13 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

Lmao...@ me. :-) anyone who lives in Atlanta and hang in certain circles, you know people. Cam isn't hard to miss in Magic City, Onyx, Suite and Scales. He's also not hard to miss on Campbellton or in Lenox and Cumberland. He's been hanging out with Deshaun since they were kids and everybody knows that whole crew are squares. A lot of people..prob majority of people..he hangs out with are regular people, so it isn't hard to know people in his circle. But you tried. 

It just means that we, Falcon fans, thought we had the greatest QB to step foot on the field. We convinced ourselves for years, no matter how many rumors came out of Flowery Branch. He was a poo leader. Yall are mad Rivera for benching him for not wearing a tie, when at the same time what would that have hurt? Wear a freaking tie man....Michael Vick did the same poo, and I'm telling yall...it's gonna be the same.

2 minutes ago, Kakarot said:

Let's make one thing clear. I grew up a Vick fan,  and I'd consider him one of my favorite players ever, but none of Vicks seasons in ATL compare to any season Cam's had (beside maybe this year). Cam has been the far greater player, and those two aren't even comparable. So, I'm just trying to figure out why he was brought up. I mean, I know why, but I want to give you and the falcon fan the benefit of the doubt.

Also, let's get another thing out in the open. I've stated that this is a down year for Cam. He's got some stuff he really needs to focus on in the offseason; mainly his footwork and those short passes. This is his worst season of his career. But this season and his 2012 season (another season some would consider down) could be argued to be on par with Vicks best seasons in ATL. So why is this like the Vick years?

Because Vick sucked.  LOL

9 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode2 said:

It just means that we, Falcon fans, thought we had the greatest QB to step foot on the field. We convinced ourselves for years, no matter how many rumors came out of Flowery Branch. He was a poo leader. Yall are mad Rivera for benching him for not wearing a tie, when at the same time what would that have hurt? Wear a freaking tie man....Michael Vick did the same poo, and I'm telling yall...it's gonna be the same.

What's going to be the same? Are you saying Cam is going to get in trouble and miss a few years of football? As for the leader stuff, you've got players on the team who say Cam is the leader of the team and the soul of the team. So what are you talking about?

Cam is the holder of numerous records, reigning MVP, and is well loved in the community for his charities and work in the community. There's no way it can be the "same."

people forget what he looks like with a powerful o-line. he carves teams up and the run game hits an unreal level.

oher and remmers did that for him in 2015. in 2016 they wouldn't have saved him every game, but he'd look a lot better in more games with oher out there.

it's the same reason why dak prescott is making such great decisions and reads from the pocket.

also, i'm truly worried that kb is dead weight holding this offense down. i think the idea of true no. 1 WRs are going to die out in the near future. we need funchess and a guy who can run routes with some speed, then cam and funch need to spend all summer working on throwing fades.

Yeah he's been pretty bad this year. His accuracy has been awful all season. Also, he looks slower and just less quick than years past. He may be playing with an injury we don't know about. Seems like he doesn't have the same fire he had last season.

I guess running a bullshit scheme with bullshit WRs behind an embarrassment of an offensive line will do that to a guy.

Yep

Sent from my SM-G935V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 hour ago, Kakarot said:

What's going to be the same? Are you saying Cam is going to get in trouble and miss a few years of football? As for the leader stuff, you've got players on the team who say Cam is the leader of the team and the soul of the team. So what are you talking about?

Cam is the holder of numerous records, reigning MVP, and is well loved in the community for his charities and work in the community. There's no way it can be the "same."

Your QB showed up to a press conference looking like the Joker. Does that mean he's gonna start fighting dogs, hell no. Cam had a great year last year, he also had a pretty damn good defense. Still that doesn't take away from what he did....he's just very, very immature. Every other fan in the league would agree with that. 

Cam has far better physical tools than Matt Ryan, but Matt is a far better QB. Vick had far better tools than most QBS, but he was very immature, and wasn't a good QB. That's what my comparison means.

47 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode2 said:

Your QB showed up to a press conference looking like the Joker. Does that mean he's gonna start fighting dogs, hell no. Cam had a great year last year, he also had a pretty damn good defense. Still that doesn't take away from what he did....he's just very, very immature. Every other fan in the league would agree with that. 

Cam has far better physical tools than Matt Ryan, but Matt is a far better QB. Vick had far better tools than most QBS, but he was very immature, and wasn't a good QB. That's what my comparison means.

Most of your reply is irrelevant. Dawg, wtf does his outfits have to do with anything? How does his outfits show that he's mature or not? You messed up by comparing Cam to Vick, because Cam has shown to be a far superior player than Vick and I say that as a fan of Vick. There's no comparison, but I know why you compared him to Vick. I would've ignored your comment, like I do most comments on this board, had you compared him to any other QB, but there was a reason you used Vick and that's why I had to respond.

Archived