• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Chargers at Panthers Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

Panthers fans have to be the best versed fans on the rules...we get to see all the bullshit stuff magically come out of the depths of the rulebook when teams play us.

I can honestly say in 30 years of football I have never heard of some...."you have to be under pressure" for intentional grounding....*sips tea*

INTENTIONAL GROUNDING

It is a foul for intentional grounding if a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage because of pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion. A realistic chance of completion is defined as a pass that is thrown in the direction of and lands in the vicinity of an originally eligible receiver.

So, since I'm not listening to the broadcast, why was Rivers throwing a hissy fit there? Was it because Star came in and shoved him down at the end while he was launching the ball?

If so, sorry Rivers, but grow a pair. Cam takes far worse shots than that, and Star was just finishing up his run at you.

tem 2. Physical Contact. Intentional grounding should not be called if:

1. the passer initiates his passing motion toward an eligible receiver and then is significantly affected by physical contact from a defensive player that causes the pass to land in an area that is not in the direction and vicinity of an eligible receiver; or
  2. the passer is out of the pocket, and his passing motion is significantly affected by physical contact from a defensive player that causes the ball to land short of the line of scrimmage.

Archived