• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The case for trading MKG

bLACKpANTHER

Would you trade MKG in a fair deal for a better scoring option?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade MKG in a fair deal for a better scoring option?

• No, MKG is our guy
    • No, give him some more time - he still could pan out
    • Yes, but the deal has to be fair
    • Yes, ship him out for anyone that can shoot a 3pt shot over .300

We will never trade MKG. The best any team would offer right now is a second-round pick and we always sell those for cash so it'd be similar to just waiving him. He's too good to be waived. He just shouldn't start.

Besides, when the Hornets advertise their games on social media and radio, they won't say "Come see Kemba Walker take on so-and-so," and they won't say "Come see Nic Batum take on so-and-so"

It's always "Come see MKG take on so-and-so"

Yes, please let me buy all the tickets to a five-point, four rebound showcase of defensive prowess highlighted by his man being shut down and limited to 43 points in a 124-106 loss.. More MKG always excites the masses

fug Graham Gano

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 2:51 PM, Carl Spackler said:

I'm so far from being an MKG homer but this is harsh

Stacey Augmon averaged 8 points and 2 rebounds a game for his career, it's safe to say MKG is already on his level if not better.

To your credit, and his, that was a bit hyperbole on my part, lol.  But, I do think he isn't significantly better than Augmon at this point.  And although I was fairly young when Plastic Man came outnof college, there was a lot of hype surrounding him due to his athleticism and length, but it just never developed into anything.

• 1 month later...

MKG is supposedly this damn good defender that we can't let go? Harden only scored 30 last night. It's time to trade his ass away. At least, Zeller is making progress. 

Harden averages 30.. MKG did what he could..

Beverly is the one that beat us last night.. but what the flip do I know.. our team is not talented enough to beat other teams in the league - it just isn't.. we have some good pieces but if you look up and down our roster compared to other teams, it isn't even close..

5 hours ago, Guest MKG said:

MKG is supposedly this damn good defender that we can't let go? Harden only scored 30 last night. It's time to trade his ass away. At least, Zeller is making progress. 

Harden was 8/22 from the field and had 9 turnovers. I get bitching about MKG, but using Harden's line from last night isn't the ideal way to do it.

• 3 weeks later...

I just went back and forgot that Cleveland was offering us the #4, #24 and the #33 picks so they could hop over Washignton and take Beal.. We could have moved down and guess who still would have been on the board..

@4 = Waiters, Lillard, Drummond, Barnes

@24 = Miles Plumlee, Festus Ezeli
@31 = Jeffery Taylor (original pick)
@33 = Jae Crowder, Draymond Green, Kris Middleton

This draft looks more and more dreadful the more you research it.

On 1/3/2017 at 3:22 PM, Carl Spackler said:

We will never trade MKG. The best any team would offer right now is a second-round pick and we always sell those for cash so it'd be similar to just waiving him. He's too good to be waived. He just shouldn't start.

Besides, when the Hornets advertise their games on social media and radio, they won't say "Come see Kemba Walker take on so-and-so," and they won't say "Come see Nic Batum take on so-and-so"

It's always "Come see MKG take on so-and-so"

Yes, please let me buy all the tickets to a five-point, four rebound showcase of defensive prowess highlighted by his man being shut down and limited to 43 points in a 124-106 loss.. More MKG always excites the masses

fug Graham Gano

Bull poo. There's plenty of teams out there that would be willing to throw a 1st round. NBA picks are not as valuable as NFL. Unless it's a top 5-8 picks. 

Archived