• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The case for trading MKG

bLACKpANTHER

Would you trade MKG in a fair deal for a better scoring option?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade MKG in a fair deal for a better scoring option?

• No, MKG is our guy
    • No, give him some more time - he still could pan out
    • Yes, but the deal has to be fair
    • Yes, ship him out for anyone that can shoot a 3pt shot over .300

7 hours ago, Manos said:

Speaking of Frank how has he looked this year? I don't get to watch many games because I work nights so I haven't seen him play much but his stats compared to last year's makes it look like he has regressed. Is this true or is he playing ok?

As for trading MKG while I think it would be a shortsighted move if you get a good 2 guard right now it might be worth it just to make a push "deep" in the playoffs this season.

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

He bust too

On December 13, 2016 at 11:52 PM, SOJA said:

Trade him? Probably not going to get back enough for him what we think he's worth. So I say no. 

However, if we did somehow blindly stumble into a legitimate scorer from the 2 or 3 positions, cough should have drafted Devin Booker cough, MKG would be fantastic coming of the bench and playing in small ball crunch time lineup. 

He needs to be our Iggy. 

Oh yea we passed up on Booker too

I hope he gets more aggressive offensively and finds that range on his shot that he showed going into last season before the injury...  but i dont think he'll do either.  He may have a one or a couple of aberrations of seasons down the road stats-wise that would make people believe he is more than what he is, but he is what he is at this point.

I realized pretty early on that he went from another potential Gerald Wallace, to we'll be lucky if he turns into Stacey Augmon.

On 12/21/2016 at 6:23 PM, Proudiddy said:

I hope he gets more aggressive offensively and finds that range on his shot that he showed going into last season before the injury...  but i dont think he'll do either.  He may have a one or a couple of aberrations of seasons down the road stats-wise that would make people believe he is more than what he is, but he is what he is at this point.

I realized pretty early on that he went from another potential Gerald Wallace, to we'll be lucky if he turns into Stacey Augmon.

I'm so far from being an MKG homer but this is harsh

Stacey Augmon averaged 8 points and 2 rebounds a game for his career, it's safe to say MKG is already on his level if not better.

Don't think trading MKG is the answer. I'd prefer Cho look to trade for someone that could come off the bench and anchor the second unit's defense bc right now, we don't have a good two way or defensive minded wing coming off the bench.

MKG should be our defensive wing off the bench, let him come in and go all out crazy for 20-25 minutes every game and utilize him properly. It would require Marco being a full time starter and Batum actually playing decent defense again but I think it would be the best thing for the team. The only worry I have is the first unit rebounding without him but Cody would just need to step up in that department and we should be fine.

It's hard to even blame him. His usage rate is 14.9%, which is 13th on the team. It's clear that the coaching staff doesn't concern themselves with getting offense out of him because they don't run the ball through him. If you can think about how little it seems like Roy Hibbert touches the ball, MKG gets it even less. It's tough to put that all on him. All of our bigs have a higher usage rate, which is strange. 

On 12/28/2016 at 4:36 PM, Manos said:

MKG should be our defensive wing off the bench, let him come in and go all out crazy for 20-25 minutes every game and utilize him properly. It would require Marco being a full time starter and Batum actually playing decent defense again but I think it would be the best thing for the team. The only worry I have is the first unit rebounding without him but Cody would just need to step up in that department and we should be fine.

Could see that, of course you have to put Batum on the opposing teams superstars to start game which isn't ideal either

Archived