• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The case for trading MKG

bLACKpANTHER

Would you trade MKG in a fair deal for a better scoring option?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade MKG in a fair deal for a better scoring option?

• No, MKG is our guy
    • No, give him some more time - he still could pan out
    • Yes, but the deal has to be fair
    • Yes, ship him out for anyone that can shoot a 3pt shot over .300

1 hour ago, Moose87Banks said:

One thing you guys aren't realizing, especially this guy ^^ is that his defense is crucial to our ability to limit the other teams best player. I hope you guys know that. I'm very happy we have him. This team wouldn't be 14-9 without him.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

on that specific night - Lebron went for 44pts.. I am fully aware of MKG's defensive ability - my whole point is that it doesn't out-weigh his lack of offensive production..

http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles/23783/20161213/nba-trade-rumors-orlando-magic-serge-ibaka-washington-wizards-bradley-beal.htm

If we could swing for the fences and make an offer for Beal - centered around MKG - slide Batum to SF:

Kemba - Sessions
Beal - Belinelli
Batum - Lamb
Marvin - Frank
Zeller - Hibbert

OR What if we got Ibaka (you know Cho would love him) for MKG:

Kemba - Sessions
Belinelli - Lamb
Batum - Lamb
Ibaka - Frank
Zeller - Hibbert

He is who is his. Could he improve his shooting in the future? Sure seen it before, but I just don't see it in MKG. He had a terrible form dating back to HS and UK. It's not happening. It's as good as it'll get. As time past, it'll get better but it won't make him into a super star. He's JAG. 

Trade him while you can. When he's still young and some stupid teams out there think they can fix his shooting. He plays pretty good defense but he ain't helping us beat the Cavs. 

Kemba is the only can't touch player on this team. 

He is who is his. Could he improve his shooting in the future? Sure seen it before, but I just don't see it in MKG. He had a terrible form dating back to HS and UK. It's not happening. It's as good as it'll get. As time past, it'll get better but it won't make him into a super star. He's JAG. 

Trade him while you can. When he's still young and some stupid teams out there think they can fix his shooting. He plays pretty good defense but he ain't helping us beat the Cavs. 

Kemba is the only can't touch player on this team. 

The issue with trading him is that if he sucks as bad as so many people on here seem to think we won't be able to get anything for him.

At this point in his career he needs to be our Tony Allen. Bring him off the bench to play lights out defense for 20-30 minutes a night while the starters rest. He may never develop beyond that but it is what he should be right now given his current skill set, it's a tough pill to swallow for the number 2 overall pick buy it is what it is. His contract is pretty reasonable given last offseasons spending spree so it's not like his 12 or so million a year is a terrible investment for a sixth man.

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

4 hours ago, Manos said:

The issue with trading him is that if he sucks as bad as so many people on here seem to think we won't be able to get anything for him.

At this point in his career he needs to be our Tony Allen. Bring him off the bench to play lights out defense for 20-30 minutes a night while the starters rest. He may never develop beyond that but it is what he should be right now given his current skill set, it's a tough pill to swallow for the number 2 overall pick buy it is what it is. His contract is pretty reasonable given last offseasons spending spree so it's not like his 12 or so million a year is a terrible investment for a sixth man.

If he's your 6th or 7th man off the bench then yea. Good to keep. However, at this point of his career I think we seen enough to say he's not a great start for this team. Could be for another team but not this team. 

Trade him? Probably not going to get back enough for him what we think he's worth. So I say no. 

However, if we did somehow blindly stumble into a legitimate scorer from the 2 or 3 positions, cough should have drafted Devin Booker cough, MKG would be fantastic coming of the bench and playing in small ball crunch time lineup. 

He needs to be our Iggy. 

Sure, I'd be all for trading anyone if the offer was right (that includes Kemba, but damn what an offer that would have to be). That being said, I highly doubt any package we get would be an upgrade. He's locked in long term to a pretty good contract and he's still young. He's a little injury prone, but other teams know that as well.

Im watching 76ers and Lakers and am like "Hendo could help us.. Deng could help us out too.."

Now im like - we just aren't a good team, lol..

In the NBA:
1 superstar = .500 team that contests for a playoff berth every year.
2 superstars = playoff team that contends for conference title
3 superstars = championship contender

We are only at a level 1.. but it is really tough when your 1 borderline superstar is a shoot first PG.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Speaking of Frank how has he looked this year? I don't get to watch many games because I work nights so I haven't seen him play much but his stats compared to last year's makes it look like he has regressed. Is this true or is he playing ok?

As for trading MKG while I think it would be a shortsighted move if you get a good 2 guard right now it might be worth it just to make a push "deep" in the playoffs this season.

Archived