• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The case for trading MKG

bLACKpANTHER

Would you trade MKG in a fair deal for a better scoring option?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade MKG in a fair deal for a better scoring option?

• No, MKG is our guy
    • No, give him some more time - he still could pan out
    • Yes, but the deal has to be fair
    • Yes, ship him out for anyone that can shoot a 3pt shot over .300

Let me start out by saying I love MKG.. I love his hustle on the defensive end.. I love his ability to finish at the hoop.. I love his work ethic and humble personality..

WITH all that said, we have to trade him for a scoring SF or a scoring SG and let Batum slide to SF.. I knew going into this that he never was gunna be a project that ends up being a 20pt scorer on avg.. I dont think anyone has/had that vision.. but I did hope that he would develope that killer instinct - that when he has the ball, he will make you defend him tough and make you have to protect the rim - ie. Kenneth Faried or better yet - our own beloved Gerald Wallace. But that does not seems to be happening now that we are 4 year into his career.

If we are seriously thinking about making some sort of push past the Hawks, Bulls, Celtics and Pistons of the East and move up towards the Raptors or dare I say become more than a sweep-able team to the Cavs - then we need to make a trade for a better scoring option on our roster.. Bellineli has been playing well as of late but I wouldnt trust him in the starting lineup..

What say you?

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 7.43.41 AM.png

I agree we need another scorer but getting rid of MKG to get one is not the answer imo. I don't know who we could move otherwise but I think we need to get a starter at sg move Batum back to SF and keep MKG as our Tony Allen off the bench defender/agitator/sixth man. Given how cheap his contact is just seems like something that is too valuable to just give up.

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

5 minutes ago, Manos said:

I agree we need another scorer but getting rid of MKG to get one is not the answer imo. I don't know who we could move otherwise but I think we need to get a starter at sg move Batum back to SF and keep MKG as our Tony Allen off the bench defender/agitator/sixth man. Given how cheap his contact is just seems like something that is too valuable to just give up.

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

MKG is the overall #2 pick making more $$$ than Kemba right now.. he is not coming off the bench..

50 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

We still need good defenders too man

a scorer and defender can come in the same package - it doesn't have to be "either/or"

53 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Wilson Chandler is always injured

Rudy Gay is the NBA's Sam Bradford

Utah would never trade Hayward

Dragic's big contract. Miami Doesn't need MKG they have Winslow as a Defensive stopper / Questionable Jumpshooter

2 hours ago, carolinajay said:

Wilson Chandler is always injured

Rudy Gay is the NBA's Sam Bradford

Utah would never trade Hayward

Dragic's big contract. Miami Doesn't need MKG they have Winslow as a Defensive stopper / Questionable Jumpshooter

pointing out their short comings doesn't make MKG a better player.. even with their faults - all their PER's are better than MKG..

I could propose trading for Paul George or Melo - but we know that is a pipe dream.. look, i think we all have to agree he is becoming a problem - Bellineli is starting to get more minutes than him in our lineup - and it sure AIN'T because of his defense, lol.. it's because he can space the floor.. if MKG goes off for 20 pts I'm all for it, but i know he will come back with a 5 pt night with all his shots coming at the rim or 5-10 ft away.. that doesn't help us offensively.. we need someone to be able to help Kemba not have to go BONKERS in the 4th to win us a game..

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

pointing out their short comings doesn't make MKG a better player.. even with their faults - all their PER's are better than MKG..

I could propose trading for Paul George or Melo - but we know that is a pipe dream.. look, i think we all have to agree he is becoming a problem - Bellineli is starting to get more minutes than him in our lineup - and it sure AIN'T because of his defense, lol.. it's because he can space the floor.. if MKG goes off for 20 pts I'm all for it, but i know he will come back with a 5 pt night with all his shots coming at the rim or 5-10 ft away.. that doesn't help us offensively.. we need someone to be able to help Kemba not have to go BONKERS in the 4th to win us a game..

The only thing I pointed out is that Wilson Chandler is often injured.

The only trade that was some what feasible is the Rudy Gay trade. But even then he's a free agent after the season and the Kings doesn't seem interested in trading him.

Even if Utah was willing to trade Hayward that wouldn't be enough to acquire him.

Wilson Chandler has been playing well lately, why would they trade him now after keeping him through some injury filled seasons?

Miami doesn't need MKG, so why would they trade for him?

If you proposed trades that were realistic I could at least see your point but none of those trades were realistic, may as well reach for the stars with Carmelo - Paul George trade scenarios. 

MKG could be a nightmare with some direction in his life. If he had someone that would give him the real deal about his skills. A player like him needs to play the game like Gerald Wallace did. It was my favorite thing about him. He knew what kind of player he had to be to be valuable to his team. 

First of all, never take another jumpshot again. Everything he touches needs to go directly to the rim. There's no reason that a player as quick and agile as MKG should average less than 15 points a game. I have seen him do it a million times this year, likely in set plays, where he's able to take his man directly to the rim and draw fouls. That's where a player like him has to make his money. He's good at finishing close to the rim and has good touch on his layups. He could learn a lesson or two from how Kemba does it, who figured it out. It seems like the majority of his career has been spent trying to improve his jumpshooting when his jumpshooting was never going to be above league average. Become elite at the things you're already good at and you will have a role at the NBA level. 

MKG has the toolset of an elite slasher and he needs to play that way. When he gets his rare touches in our system right now, he needs to give himself the green light sometimes to take it hard to the paint and get to the line. Even if he doesn't score there, he'll have added value in stacking fouls on bigs. 

Archived