• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanford star RB Christian McCaffrey declares for NFL Draft

Kevin Greene

He almost reminds me of a bigger Danny Woodhead, or maybe a smaller Payton Hillis. Or like a really smaller John Kuhn. JK.

I wouldn't mind having him if we had a real full back. Worst case scenario: he seems like an instant upgrade over Fozzy in all aspects. 

Not related to his skin color, I could really see the Pats targeting him because of how versatile he is. Can run, catch, throw, return. They will have his ass throwing TDs to the eligible backup center in no time.

Why? Have you seen him play? He can lower his shoulders. He can out run defensive backs. Kid looks like Gurley out there and people want to marginalize him as a role player. Weird. 

The real question is,

Do you see Shula having the ability to get a player like him involved, scheme plays around his skill sets, and ability....

Or just plug him in on read option plays or deactivate him cause Tolbert is the 2nd back

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

He's probably going to be a late first rounder or an early 2nd rounder. Since I think we will be picking closer to the middle of the draft then everyone is predicting (I'm guessing we will win a couple more games and lose a couple more) , I don't think the Panthers will pick him up. They won't want him in the 1st and by the time the 2nd comes around he'll have already been snatched up by one of the playoff contenders at the end of the 1st round or by some team that really needs a RB in the top of the 2nd round

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Insert white running back comparison here. 

1) Scrappy
2) High motor
3) Gamer
4) Sneaky athletic
5) Gritty
6) Winner
7) High ___ IQ
8) Good fundamentals
9) Plays the game the right way
10) Lunch pail guy
11) Heady and/or cerebral
12) Deceptive speed
13) Gym rat
14) Intangibles
15) Gets the most out of his abilities
16) Has a lot of heart
17) Grinder
18) Out-hustles
19) Someone you’d love your daughter to date
20) David Eckstein

And we have a few submissions from an expert on this subject, Paul Pabst of The Dan Patrick Show…

21) Wes Welker type
22) Coach's son
23) Faster than he appears

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your-white-guy-code-word-power-rankings.html

51 minutes ago, hepcat said:

He's a perfect west coast RB like Brian Westbrook. Could see him landing with the Chiefs

That's my guess as well.

Smith could make him a force out there, especially to slow down that fierce pass rush out in the AFC West.  Haven't watched him do the "grunt work"...wondering if he can pass block?

He reminds me a bit of Percy Harvin.

I could see him filling some 3rd down back, slot receiver, punt/kickoff returner role for some team.  If he can do that he will be a valuable addition to some team.

I don't see him being in play for our first pick but we could do worse with our second round pick.

Archived