• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanford star RB Christian McCaffrey declares for NFL Draft

Kevin Greene

3 hours ago, Nick_81 said:

I'll go white receiver, lol.  I think this kid would be better suited as a full-time slot receiver.  In a role like.... Edelman.

Why? Have you seen him play? He can lower his shoulders. He can out run defensive backs. Kid looks like Gurley out there and people want to marginalize him as a role player. Weird. 

He should be used like Falcons use Telvin Coleman or Cardinals use David Johnson. He is a running back but he can be lined up in the slot to expose linebackers that can't cover in space but Shula will have to be fired in the off-season because he will have no idea how to use him. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Why? Have you seen him play? He can lower his shoulders. He can out run defensive backs. Kid looks like Gurley out there and people want to marginalize him as a role player. Weird. 

He's 6'0 200. That's a hinderance to playing rb as a primary back. With the variety of skills he's shown he could be a big time long term weapon as a receiver in what everyone keeps telling us is a passing league. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Just because I said a "role like Edelman," I'm marginalizing him?  Everyone has a role, and Edelman's is an extremely important one.  I've watched him play several games.  He could play a role similar to Edelman, and be very successful, IMO.  He's a very good receiver, and route runner, from what I've seen.  Doing that is going to keep him on the field a hell of a lot more than at running back.  He's nothing like Gurley, and would only be used situationally, as a running back.  Put him in the slot full-time, get the ball in his hands in the open field, and I feel like his production would be off the charts.

Seems like he could be a really good player....possibly great if he lands in the right system.

Pair him with an accurate short thrower at QB, and a creative mind calling plays.....whew boy.

Kansas City will probably be right there to pick him at the end of the 1st....think Brian Westbrook.

2 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Yeah I dig.  He's great.  It also helps to have the o-line and running scheme the Cowboys have.

Oh, not disagreeing that line is a beast, but so is Elliott.

Personally, I prefer him to AP....but that's just me.  Very similar skill set to LaDainian, who I think is one of the best all time.

Archived