• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Great Movie Have You Not Seen Yet Because It Feel Like Homework

fitty76

22 hours ago, fitty76 said:

Just thought of this question because I've had 'Patton' sitting on my Netflix queue for months.  I know I should see it, but I'm not really looking forward to it.  

Haha

I am so damn old I saw Patton ( when it first came out ) sitting in a Ford Galaxy 500 at a drive in theatre .

IMG_1108.jpg

3 hours ago, Still Brooklyn said:

Most anything by Quentin Tarantino. And I'd debate you to death on if they're actually even "great".

So you haven't seen most of his work but you would assert that the films you haven't seen are not "great"?

Isn't that sort of like saying you had a POS Samsung TV once so no Samsung product can be great?

22 hours ago, fitty76 said:

Just thought of this question because I've had 'Patton' sitting on my Netflix queue for months.  I know I should see it, but I'm not really looking forward to it.  

What's great about this movie is that it still has all the 50s/60s cinematography style and storytelling tropes but with the early 70s counterculture thing not afraid to take a few swings at this flawed character - it was an amazing trick in it's day. The iconic opening scene is fabrication but is still impressive, but the battles are underwhelming compared to how they are done today. Dude playing Montgomery is terrific.

18 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

What's great about this movie is that it still has all the 50s/60s cinematography style and storytelling tropes but with the early 70s counterculture thing not afraid to take a few swings at this flawed character - it was an amazing trick in it's day. The iconic opening scene is fabrication but is still impressive, but the battles are underwhelming compared to how they are done today. Dude playing Montgomery is terrific.

I read somewhere that George C Scott hated the opening scene and ask the director to take it out of the movie.  

Archived