• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wait, what?

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, jtm said:

Everyone is missing the point.  Who cares about the stupid tie and it says a lot for RR to make this an issue.  This tells me that RR and Cam aren't on the same page and RR decided to take a stand and draw a line in the sand.  My guess is RR regrets this decision, but he can't exactly come out and back track now.  

I'm over Cam and the off field distractions.  He needs to grow up and quit worrying so much about what hat he is going to wear or what dance he's going to do after a TD.  When you celebrate like Cam does when you are winning, rest assured, when you are losing, folks will be lining up to pile on.  Everyone is piling on . . . .  

Is it growing up, or just knowing how the game is played ..Rivera played a power play. Why? I don't know. But clearly he felt threatened, and struck out at the one player (matter of fact, the only person on the team who has more power than him) that can go above him if need be. But, now if Cam goes to JR, then he looks like a crybaby. the dioloulge continues...

This was a power play all the way by Riverboat Ron. and he probably won.

Is it growing up, or just knowing how the game is played ..Rivera played a power play. Why? I don't know. But clearly he felt threatened, and struck out at the one player (matter of fact, the only person on the team who has more power than him) than can go above him if need be. But, now if Cam goes to JR, then he looks like a crybaby. the dioloulge continues...

This was a power play all the way by Riverboat Ron. and he probably won.

I think RR lost. Cam needs to realize he is one of the most well known athletes in the world and everything he does will be magnified. I don't feel sorry for him, because he loves to be the center of attention.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Hey look, Cam could always be more humble, ...professionally, but....after 6 years, you know that ain't happening.

Wins will be high (2015)

Loses will be low (2016)

then throw in the Panthers haven't won back to back seasons.... #@&%!!!!!!

Maybe for 2 years we can be the Roosters?

19 hours ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

I like Colin.  I tend to agree with him on quite a bit.  Do you guys hate him just because he's down on Cam?

Cam stated that he should have got it cleared with Ron first..he didn't showed up without a tie and boom...Its a team rule so why would Ron warn him unless Cam bought it to his attention last minute and could not get another shirt and tie...

26 minutes ago, jtm said:

I think RR lost. Cam needs to realize he is one of the most well known athletes in the world and everything he does will be magnified. I don't feel sorry for him, because he loves to be the center of attention. 

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Not necessarily so. Its the media that wants Cam to be the center of attention. He is big and plays QB. If Cam wanted to be the center of attention he would be doing things and saying things to warrant attention for the most part he is lokey..People just love/ hate that killer smile he has.

7 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

Cam stated that he should have got it cleared with Ron first..he didn't showed up without a tie and boom...Its a team rule so why would Ron warn him unless Cam bought it to his attention last minute and could not get another shirt and tie...

Really? 6, six years.Cam doesn't know the rules, especially dress-code?...? ...

?

No, there was something else. Not necessarily buying the strip club crap, but with a power play, any means necessary.

53 minutes ago, jtm said:

Everyone is missing the point.  Who cares about the stupid tie and it says a lot for RR to make this an issue.  This tells me that RR and Cam aren't on the same page and RR decided to take a stand and draw a line in the sand.  My guess is RR regrets this decision, but he can't exactly come out and back track now.  

I'm over Cam and the off field distractions.  He needs to grow up and quit worrying so much about what hat he is going to wear or what dance he's going to do after a TD.  When you celebrate like Cam does when you are winning, rest assured, when you are losing, folks will be lining up to pile on.  Everyone is piling on . . . .  

Its one way to  lose but to lose bc players and refs are not going by the rules is totally different..This for Cam is me against the world mentality bc really no one is on his side..Enjoys winning and displays it he dislikes losing he displays it..and I don’t  blame him..The next game he is right back out there trying to win..i don't get the hate on him...Like Nick Saban says it is never acceptable to loose...i don't think Nick is smiling at the podium when he looses, but how often is that?

Winners mentality !

8 minutes ago, Jangler said:

?

No, there was something else. Not necessarily buying the strip club crap, but with a power play, any means necessary.

Exactly why would Ron have to warn him about a tie if it is a known team rule..Unless Cam realized ahead of time he didn't have a tie and told Ron but Cam said via press he should have gotten it cleared..so therefore no warning was there..Colin thing is a lie...I agree power move by Ron to staye no 1 player is bigger than the team..just like they did josh...i hope Cam can get out of contract and leave if ron remains in Carolina.

3 hours ago, Jangler said:

?

Yeah he knows the rules. But at the same time, Ron has to be consistent. If it's never been a problem that needed to be punished before, it can't be now. You can't flip when you're losing or your seat is getting warm. He made sure he let the world know he's not worn a tie before and he wasn't punished. That wasn't a slip. He pulled Ron's "I treat every player the same" card right there. 

You're right about this being a power play. I've said that from the beginning. It's more than a tie but i highly doubt it's about the strip club too. Whatever it was could have been brewing. Ron lost though and will continue to lose that fight. He can't even handle the fire he lit. 

Winning solves everything though. 

4 hours ago, jtm said:

Well if you're so over it there are other NFL teams you can follow.

Curmudgeons like yourself more worried about an athlete celebrating or having the nerve to be mad about a loss in a press conference than a losing record need to check their priorities.

Newton is our QB, he isn't going anywhere.

Cam singlehandedly brought this franchise from a culture of mediocrity to a contender. For years fans have pissed, and moaned about Cam taking losing hard. People have fought him at every turn trying to maintain that losing culture that festered here for years. It isn't his fault that our FO decided not to go all in on a Super Bowl roster in the offseason, and that Ron Rivera has regressed back to a scared overly conservative neutered puppy.

21 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Well if you're so over it there are other NFL teams you can follow.

Curmudgeons like yourself more worried about an athlete celebrating or having the nerve to be mad about a loss in a press conference than a losing record need to check their priorities.

Newton is our QB, he isn't going anywhere.

Cam singlehandedly brought this franchise from a culture of mediocrity to a contender. For years fans have pissed, and moaned about Cam taking losing hard. People have fought him at every turn trying to maintain that losing culture that festered here for years. It isn't his fault that our FO decided not to go all in on a Super Bowl roster in the offseason, and that Ron Rivera has regressed back to a scared overly conservative neutered puppy.

Pie for using the word "curmudgeon" in a post so perfectly. 

Archived