• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly returns to Practice

Jeremy Igo

There are a lot of weenies on this thread.  Luke should absolutely play and if he gets hurt again, so be it.  He could go out and get 25 tackles, 3 sacks, and return an interception for a touchdown.  People would say its the greatest game a defensive player has ever had.  They would mention it in his HOF presentation.

Or he can stand on the sidelines next to Rivera and not get hurt.

The super bowl isn't everything.  Once he is cleared, the man should be allowed to do what he loves whenever he wants to.  He should be allowed to be what he is - a football player.

He shouldnt. I understand the competitive side of Luke but your health is the only way you are allowed to be competitive. He needs to take time to heal. There's nothing to fight for. We know our fate and it will end in 4 weeks. No hope. Come back a healthier Luke next year then try to fight it out for a meaningless rest of the season. Let the 2nd string get some gameplay so we can access them and get them ready for next year. This is talent evaluation period. Pre training camp and seeing what we can develop and what we need to let go of.

10 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

There are a lot of weenies on this thread.  Luke should absolutely play and if he gets hurt again, so be it.  He could go out and get 25 tackles, 3 sacks, and return an interception for a touchdown.  People would say its the greatest game a defensive player has ever had.  They would mention it in his HOF presentation.

The super bowl isn't everything.  Once he is cleared, the man should be allowed to do what he loves whenever he wants to.  He should be allowed to be what he is - a football player.

SB isnt everything. But your health is. If you look at the replay he didnt even get hit hard on his helmet. I didnt even think it was a concussion. His brain needs a break. Id rather make sure next year he is good then see him not being able to play next year due to another career ending concussion because they brought him back too early

4 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Then he should retire.

Its not necessary for him to retire. Whats necessary is for him to heal up and if he wants to compete, make sure his health isnt being compromised because of it. Other wise he may well be a vegetable. He is still young and he can return but dont force the issue and make it worse for your career

42 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

No offense but this gets my blood boiling. For many seasons in our relatively young franchise's history you wouldn't be wrong-a SB wasn't everything.  Winning a division, a conference, a GAME, building a culture, the growth of a player or coach, etc. was indeed worth playing for.  Not this year.  Not after 17-2.  Not at this stage of our QB or coach's career.  Not after our GM clearly wasn't all in.  If mediocrity IS everything then hoping for wins to get to 8-8 should be the goal.  But it's not, the Super Bowl is everything.

The Minnesota Vikings are considered one of the most tortured franchises in sports, even though they have far more division titles and wins in recent decades than their division rivals Bears and Packers-because the Vikings don't have a Super Bowl and the others do.

The only professional title this state has ever had was from a team that has one playoff appearance in a decade-the Carolina Hurricanes.  A large credit for that Stanley Cup is from sucking bad enough several years prior which lead to drafting Eric Staal.

43 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

*drool*

Except no...not much reason in talking to you but Luke is not a HoF player if he went out RIGHT NOW....sorry you don't understand reality but he's a HoF talent not HoF credentials yet. No one in the history of the NFL would get in on 4 1/2 years of work.

39 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Except no...not much reason in talking to you but Luke is not a HoF player if he went out RIGHT NOW....sorry you don't understand reality but he's a HoF talent not HoF credentials yet. No one in the history of the NFL would get in on 4 1/2 years of work.

Good lord - I know he's not a HOF player now.  He could be eventually - but he won't if he's standing around on the sidelines instead of playing ball.  I'm sure he has goals for his football career in addition to winning the super bowl.  Goals he can't meet if he doesn't play while he's young and healthy.

If your argument is he will have a longer career if he takes the next 4 weeks off, ok.  I assume you have some medical evidence to back that up and you are willing to share.  Otherwise shut up and let the man do his job.

1 hour ago, Nails said:

No offense but this gets my blood boiling. For many seasons in our relatively young franchise's history you wouldn't be wrong-a SB wasn't everything.  Winning a division, a conference, a GAME, building a culture, the growth of a player or coach, etc. was indeed worth playing for.  Not this year.  Not after 17-2.  Not at this stage of our QB or coach's career.  Not after our GM clearly wasn't all in.  If mediocrity IS everything then hoping for wins to get to 8-8 should be the goal.  But it's not, the Super Bowl is everything.

The Minnesota Vikings are considered one of the most tortured franchises in sports, even though they have far more division titles and wins in recent decades than their division rivals Bears and Packers-because the Vikings don't have a Super Bowl and the others do.

The only professional title this state has ever had was from a team that has one playoff appearance in a decade-the Carolina Hurricanes.  A large credit for that Stanley Cup is from sucking bad enough several years prior which lead to drafting Eric Staal.

Could be he's interested in more than just winning a championship for us.  He might not care our hockey team currently sucks, the Hornets haven't been good since the early 90's, and the Panthers have only made 2 super bowls in 20 years.  Maybe he just likes playing football and hitting people.

I'm as disappointed as the next guy.  I thought this year would be a slow steady march to our first super bowl win ever.  And I thought it would be pretty easy with the team we had coming back. I didn't criticize our GM for not making significant changes to what I believed was already the best team in the NFL so I won't start now.  Losing Norman sucked, but I thought we could compensate given we play a zone scheme.

This offseason will be different.  We need a lot more pieces now than we did last year.  Gettleman has his work cut out for him.

8 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

Could be he's interested in more than just winning a championship for us.  He might not care our hockey team currently sucks, the Hornets haven't been good since the early 90's, and the Panthers have only made 2 super bowls in 20 years.  Maybe he just likes playing football and hitting people.

I'm as disappointed as the next guy.  I thought this year would be a slow steady march to our first super bowl win ever.  And I thought it would be pretty easy with the team we had coming back. I didn't criticize our GM for not making significant changes to what I believed was already the best team in the NFL so I won't start now.  Losing Norman sucked, but I thought we could compensate given we play a zone scheme.

This offseason will be different.  We need a lot more pieces now than we did last year.  Gettleman has his work cut out for him.

Jared Allen loved to play football and would have shaved his facial and head hair to play in the NFCCG, but RR said no.  To ALLOW Luke to play would not only be hypocritical, it would be utter insanity.

I don't know. 

I've never seen someone sob uncontrollably like that on the field before - at any level. That ish was scary. It was like he was literally terrified of what he just saw/experienced. So, you sit him out one game and declare him ready to go out and get in multiple car wrecks again two weeks later? I don't think it's a good idea. Ain't no football game worth Luke getting serious brain injury right now, and yes he's more susceptible right now. 

Middle Linebacker is not QB. Your job is to cause car wrecks every play if you can. If this kid gets hurt, the NFL might not recover from this one.

Archived