• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On the "Cam is a locker room cancer" talk.

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

So.....a guy goes from being lauded by his teammates as a tough SOB who gives up his body for the team, to a locker room cancer in the span of TWO weeks?! Cam may not be helping the situation in Carolina right now with his demeanor, but I seriously doubt even you believe what you just said. 

Read my subsequent posts. It will make more sense. 

I think there is a rift between the front office/coaching staff and the players...not with Cam hahaha wtf.

I'm sure there are people who don't like him as a best friend and poo but that's every locker room. In a room with 53 other men not everyone is going to be BFF's.

56 minutes ago, Panther53521 said:

This is the end of Ron Rivera in Charlotte. A little thing like this can make this team explode into shambles. This team will not fight for him.

You punish a team leader over something so small, you can lose the locker room and the locker room will turn in a heartbeat. After Rom told Cam about the suspension and Cam returned to the bus, I bet Cam and his boys had a big laugh about it.

And that my friends is how you lose a team and locker room

I agree. When Cam returns to the bus and explains what happens, Ron is taken for a complete joke at that moment. If it hasn't happened yet, eventually nothing he says or does will hold any weight with them. 

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

Shannon Sharpe mentioned this in a video linked in a separate thread yesterday.  That a team struggles and a coaching staff is in disarray, so a player gets punished after a loss for "not wearing a tie" or "kneeling on his helmet".

I don't think Sharpe was pulling those kinds of things out of thin air.  He probably lived through some or most of them, so he knows what he's talking about.  Ryan Davis on NFL Network as well.  Also Louis Riddick on ESPN.  Each and every one a former player who thought it was a ridiculous joke considering that Cam was dressed to the nines, just without a tie.

Hell, a local sports anchor here on one of the local Altanta news telecasts had a story on Cam's "suspension" and after he was done, he said "Suspended for not wearing a tie... are you KIDDING me?"

In ATLANTA a sports anchor mocked Rivera punishing Cam like this.

The same ol' Cam Haters in this forum and in the national media will circle their wagons and defend Rivera on this and condemn Cam and toss out "Cam is a cancer" rumors, but we all know at this point that Rivera is the joke here and his "punishment" was pathetic.

Good rant but this is not just about a game day dress code violation. Someone should send a memo.

Losing is the cancer. Use your brains. 

Just like what I always say about companies. When revenue is DOWN, the microscope comes out. People begin to get written up for being a minute late or expense reports are questioned more etc.

This team has done what no previous 15 gsme winner has ever done and that's winning at least 10 games.

On top of that, this is the first SB losing team in a decade to NOT make the playoffs.

At best this team is - 7 in wins. At worse -11. May be the worst overall slide from one year to the next in NFL history. 

Wrap your skull around that.

1 minute ago, pstall said:

Losing is the cancer. Use your brains. 

Just like what I always say about companies. When revenue is DOWN, the microscope comes out. People begin to get written up for being a minute late or expense reports are questioned more etc.

This team has done what no previous 15 gsme winner has ever done and that's winning at least 10 games.

On top of that, this is the first SB losing team in a decade to NOT make the playoffs.

At best this team is - 7 in wins. At worse -11. May be the worst overall slide from one year to the next in NFL history. 

Wrap your skull around that.

We can't and neither can they. That's why guys are getting benched for ties and whatnot. 

Ever think there might not be any cancer in the locker room, players, coaching or management? They could just be having a really crappy year and are trying to get through it, but that the viewing public and media wants there to be cancer?

Once the idea is out there, every scowl from a coach, every expression of frustration by a player gets painted in a different light. How much of this is real and how much is being manufactured outside of the team and then magnified by nervous ninnies?

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Ever think there might not be any cancer in the locker room, players, coaching or management? They could just be having a really crappy year and are trying to get through it, but that the viewing public and media wants there to be cancer?

Once the idea is out there, every scowl from a coach, every expression of frustration by a player gets painted in a different light. How much of this is real and how much is being manufactured outside of the team and then magnified by nervous ninnies?

This is very true.

All of the above with the current circumstances in mind is why you don't bench your franchise QB over not wearing a tie. Rivera basically threw napalm on an already volatile situation.

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

That's my angle. They suck bad this year and are catching no breaks.

Better luck next year.

We may not be catching any breaks this year...but we are also not doing a damn thing to create an environment to facilitate positive performance either. Example: bench your starting quarterback for the first procession of a prime time game, insert the back up quarterback...pair him up with the fat-slow back up running back and let's throw the ball to him. 

This poo back fired on Rivera and exposed him for the marginal coach that he is. 

Archived