• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On the "Cam is a locker room cancer" talk.

Jeremy Igo

People are looking at anything to explain how we went from 15-1 Super Bowl team to a hot, stinky mess.

Cam is a lighting rod of criticism.  He's a bigger than life personality, his sense of style is...well his own, and he plays with his emotions on his sleeve.  He's not Tom Brady (or what Russel Wilson is becoming), he's not Payton Manning, he's Cam Newton.

We've had a bad year.  All the bounces that went our way last year are going against us.  Last year, our Oline and running game was a strength.  This year, it's a liability.  As the face of the franchise, he's the first thing people will point to.  Sucks, but true.

As far as rumors of a strip club visit, if that's what he does on his own time, so what?  I'm not interested in those anymore, but if that's what he wants to do, it's his copious money.

18 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

He did miss the last two game. The panthers weren't in charlotte. 

Just saying a lot can happen in two weeks. 

Someone doesn't reach 'cancer' status in 2 weeks unless they were already well on their way, and with the way the entire organization is feeling at the moment I think it would be very hard to pin anything down right now.

6 minutes ago, csx said:

Every day? 

As a guy who talks directly with current and former players, I imagine he'd hear through his sources if he hasn't already asked them directly.

This is the end of Ron Rivera in Charlotte. A little thing like this can make this team explode into shambles. This team will not fight for him.

You punish a team leader over something so small, you can lose the locker room and the locker room will turn in a heartbeat. After Rom told Cam about the suspension and Cam returned to the bus, I bet Cam and his boys had a big laugh about it.

And that my friends is how you lose a team and locker room

Just now, KSpan said:

Someone doesn't reach 'cancer' status in 2 weeks, and with the way the entire organization is feeling at the moment I think it would be very hard to pin it on one person.

I'm not suggesting he is or isn't. I just want to know what Igo is basing this on if he knows anything he's not sharing. 

13 minutes ago, csx said:

Every day? 

Great point.

Its almost a sure thing that when Igo is in the locker room, those players are all like "Let's act totally different in front of the Great and Mighty Igo, we wouldn't want accurate information being provided to The Huddle!"

8 minutes ago, Panther53521 said:

This is the end of Ron Rivera in Charlotte. A little thing like this can make this team explode into shambles. This team will not fight for him.

You punish a team leader over something so small, you can lose the locker room and the locker room will turn in a heartbeat. After Rom told Cam about the suspension and Cam returned to the bus, I bet Cam and his boys had a big laugh about it.

And that my friends is how you lose a team and locker room

And here's another sad thing.

When the inevitable, pathetic end comes here for Ron Rivera, will he be remembered in the NFL as a conference champion coach who took his team to the Super Bowl?  Nope.

Through his own action, he will now be remembered as the coach that replaced his MVP starting QB with a clown show on national TV because a guy who was dressed better than 99.9999% of the country (and was wearing clothes that probably cost more than I make in a month) wasn't wearing a tie.

40 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

He did miss the last two game. The panthers weren't in charlotte. 

Just saying a lot can happen in two weeks. 

So.....a guy goes from being lauded by his teammates as a tough SOB who gives up his body for the team, to a locker room cancer in the span of TWO weeks?! Cam may not be helping the situation in Carolina right now with his demeanor, but I seriously doubt even you believe what you just said. 

Archived