• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lazy, just lazy.

Jeremy Igo

i have a soft spot for walter football because they were the first (and for a long time, only) outlet to project star falling to us in 2013.

but that site can tend to be #hottaek-y about some topics.  like jabrill peppers is charlie campbell's third-ranked safety prospect and he's been asserting that the NFL scouting community is not as high on him as the draftniks are.

For 10 years, they all predicted a TE for us in the first round.

Bottom line, we are not controlling the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball.  Teams who do win, teams who don't lose.

We cannot run the ball nor protect our QB

We cannot rush the passer nor stop the run.

It starts there

As much as I hate to admit it, I read the site's mock draft weekly. Walt has a habit of changing picks, but not the write up. For weeks, he had Malik Hooker to us, with the exact same "they don't draft for need, but it's also their biggest need" line. Just add in a Josh Norman jab, and there you go.

Not trying to be a Washington homer but Budda Baker (S) and John Ross (WR) are both appealing.  Those two are why they have a shot at the national title.  Budda Baker has incredible in-game speed and quickness.  Smaller side but that hasn't stopped Mathieu, Earl T, etc.   

At WR, John Ross is along with Corey Davis as being for sure impacts on offense in the NFL.  Similar to how the likes of Beckham, Shepard, and Landry looked coming in.  They just seem to have an it factor and can actually sneak or juke past defenders then catch in stride.  Something this team still doesn't have outside of Ginn (sometimes).  

Well honestly...the CB's this year are better than the prospects last year...so really this would have been the year to triple dip at CB....

So intelectually it wouldn't be a bad move since it's a good class of corner but...after what he did last year....fug no....no way.
If he had just picked bradberry then whatever else in the other rounds he could justify going CB in the first or 2nd this year. I don't see it it's going to be OT or DE...maybe Mike WIlliams or the RB they like the most(probably not they will be a RB in the 2nd)

I like the idea of Mike Williams a lot but damn we need Linemen...it may be a luxury we won't be able to take.

Archived