• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fournette declares for the 2017 NFL Draft

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, Bigchipper said:

Fournette's really good, but I'd wait a year and get his backup Derrius Guice.  That kid is unbelievable.

While I agree that Guice is tremendous, just waiting and hoping for a player to fall to the right pick in a draft that is well over a year out probably isn't going to work. Guice may not even come out after next season, though I believe he will.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/page/HotReadx161207/mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-25-questions-2017-nfl-draft-prospects-rankings-mock-draft
http://es.pn/2hg60BB

McShay had Fournette #1 overall on his big board, and mentions us as maybe the most likely destination.  Usually the opposite happens in these types of projections but Sweet Baby James please lose this weekend and keep this dream alive.  Please.

McCaffrey just declared...not a fulltime back possibly...but able to catch out of the backfield and make people miss.  If he bulks up a little bit he can become a pretty decent RB, reminds me of a Sproles type of player.   Could get him a little later in the draft as well?

20 minutes ago, Dunn said:

McCaffrey just declared...not a fulltime back possibly...but able to catch out of the backfield and make people miss.  If he bulks up a little bit he can become a pretty decent RB, reminds me of a Sproles type of player.   Could get him a little later in the draft as well?

I imagine he'd be better suited to an Edelman type of role TBH.  I don't think he'll make much of a RB at the next level.  Put him in the slot, and he could be a beast for a long time.

14 hours ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Clowney has looked good at times this season. He's had a great year. 

This is true, but he's not what they thought they drafted.

He's become a solid run-stopper, but only 3 sacks.  You don't spend the 1st overall pick in the NFL Draft because you hope you're drafting a solid edge run-stopper.  You're expecting him to be a terror off the edge to the opposing quarterback.

2 hours ago, Nails said:

I assume you're an Auburn fan?  A lot of Auburn in these highlights for you to be so blah on Fournette 

I'm not "blah on Fournette".

I've just watched them both and I think Guice is better.

And if you think that 200+ he put up on Auburn's defense in 2015 was impressive, dig deeper and look at just how bad Auburn's defense was that year.

Archived