• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: Philly Brown

Jeremy Igo

Philly Brown  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Philly Brown in 2017

• Keep him
    • Cut him

He has done well for himself considering he was an UDFA.  He seems to run good routes and finds himself open more then some of our receivers.

With that being said though I have hoped for the past few years we would spend a mid round pick (3-5) on a smaller, fast, receiver such as a Tyler Lockett, that can also return punts.  Ginn is getting older and is a FA after this year so it would have been nice to have a player ready to assume that role.

1 hour ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

How are we supposed to rate a guy when he is used so sparingly? He runs good routes and catches the ball so I say keep him. We should have a poll of whether to bench KB instead.

Exactly.. this is the most accurate post on here.. Philly is not used as much as he was last year and does not get much respect on this board because he's and undrafted guy. For those he say that he did not improve I would have to ask you to look at his first season vs the second and then how we use him now. In my opionion we should have stayed with what worked last year regardless if Kelvin came back or not! People are too hung up on Kelvin and Funchess when truth be told last year the ones that help us get to the SB were laughed at last year because that was who we had to depend on as our number 1 and 2 receivers (Ginn and Philly)...not sure if I am only the one who thought Philly was one of the players that stood out last year and especially in post season.. clearly he has not stood out positively on this board though with some people. If I were Philly I would want to leave and go another place were he would be used more effectively...with this I would say we keep him not cut him.

Just blow this team up already; the rest of the games should be experimental.

Move Benjamin to TE, Philly to #2 and Ginn #1. 

Sit Dickson and bring up Damiere Byrd. 

See what kind of offense Cam can have with plays that don't take 1,000 years to develop.

Sad thing is i'm kidding but kinda not. 

2 minutes ago, 76west said:

Exactly.. this is the most accurate post on here.. Philly is not used as much as he was last year and does not get much respect on this board because he's and undrafted guy. For those he say that he did not improve I would have to ask you to look at his first season vs the second and then how we use him now. In my opionion we should have stayed with what worked last year regardless if Kelvin came back or not! People are too hung up on Kelvin and Funchess when truth be told last year the ones that help us get to the SB were laughed at last year because that was who we had to depend on as our number 1 and 2 receivers (Ginn and Philly)...not sure if I am only the one who thought Philly was one of the players that stood out last year and especially in post season.. clearly he has not stood out positively on this board though with some people. If I were Philly I would want to leave and go another place were he would be used more effectively...with this I would say we keep him not cut him.

He did have a fantastic post-season. I also a big Funchess supporter though, and don't believe he gets enough playing time either. I think Ginn and Funchess outside with Philly in the slot would be nice to see every once in a while. How bout we try it Shula? Maybe?

Archived