• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tyler Larsen , the next Norwell?

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

This is why I blame coaching over the front office. Your typical Huddler is too ignorant to see its Ron who is holding this team back with his favoritism and inability to evaluate talent... amongst other severe flaws.

But its still gettleman fault for not having the sack to get rid of guys like remmers in the first place when he had to chance when it was clear that he wasnt the answer and just a stop gap. Thats even more ignorance in itself. Evaluating talent is gettleman job before riveras. 

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

So you want Gettleman to make our depth... even worse?

Good lord. Oher is done, Williams is hurt, and Hawkins was cut. Sacking Remmers would destroy us. We're in no position to cut anybody.

How  about doing something before the damn season even STARTS for a change. Answer is on the roster my ASS.

We better never hear that poo again. 

4 hours ago, nctarheel0619 said:

How you feel about the Committee stating OU didn't make it because of their defense?  If that's not a big "hey Bob, fire your fuging brother!" Statement, I don't know what is.  

Well..... they did kinda blow. They seem to be trending in the right direction. I don't really care for Mayfield but he is coming back so that is good. I'm anxious to see where Perine lands.

7 hours ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

The most surprising thing about the game last night was that Cam was not sacked a single time.

Weren't they in max protect most of the night with 8 blocking? 

Not trying to minimize the pretty decent showing that such a patchwork Oline had, but sacks aren't the whole story.  There was also the utter failure of our run game and entire offense last night.  Playing max protect has a cost in terms of offensive flexibility..., so it's a bit hard to really judge the potential of some of these guys at these positions.

It was crazy when Trai went out for a few snaps and Norwell switched positions meaning we had 0 of the 5 Oline starters in place.  Just crazy.  I was very glad that Trai came back in.

Weren't they in max protect most of the night with 8 blocking? 

Not trying to minimize the pretty decent showing that such a patchwork Oline had, but sacks aren't the whole story.  There was also the utter failure of our run game and entire offense last night.  Playing max protect has a cost in terms of offensive flexibility..., so it's a bit hard to really judge the potential of some of these guys at these positions.

It was crazy when Trai went out for a few snaps and Norwell switched positions meaning we had 0 of the 5 Oline starters in place.  Just crazy.  I was very glad that Trai came back in.

Oh yeah the run game is trash without Kalil. But regardless, it's still amazing a single sack wasn't given up with a guard playing tackle and a 4th string center who is actually a guard

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

4 hours ago, FootballLivesMatter said:

If you ever played sports before: 

you know that there are some guys who are practice superstars that just cannot play on game day

....and then there are the ones who just show up and ball on gameday 

Bo Jackson was one of the worst practice players in the history of Auburn football.

After Bo played one game, Pat Dye (the then Auburn coach) immediately understood that he didn't care that Bo was a bad practice player.  He held an admitted double-standard for Bo and practice from that moment on.  

You know who didn't care that Coach had one standard for them and another for Bo?  Bo's teammates.  They just wanted him suited up every Saturday.

To be honest, I had some chores to do so I wasn't watching every play but I kept seeing Cam running backwards almost immediately just to throw it away. No sacks, yes, but too many offensive plays that didn't even get a chance to be run.

But, hey, if Larsen becomes a servicable player with a future, you have to take that as a victory of sorts. Have to get those any way you can.

23 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Bo Jackson was one of the worst practice players in the history of Auburn football.

After Bo played one game, Pat Dye (the then Auburn coach) immediately understood that he didn't care that Bo was a bad practice player.  He held an admitted double-standard for Bo and practice from that moment on.  

You know who didn't care that Coach had one standard for them and another for Bo?  Bo's teammates.  They just wanted him suited up every Saturday.

That's what I'm talking about. 

Just like damn Bersin. Heck of a practice player, wasted roster spot. 

Archived