• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tyler Larsen , the next Norwell?

Jeremy Igo

26 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Did well for the most part. Bad part is when he misses, he misses big. I honestly think an offseason of work could turn him into a legit tackle. 

Agree. A guy hit him with a spin move that was brutal and I just thought "A defensive tackle has never once pulled that move on him". I think he could be a decent tackle if that's the way we want to go.

15 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

The most surprising thing about the game last night was that Cam was not sacked a single time.

Cam had better protection last night than he has had in a while, but there was something weird about how he was playing.  Can't put my finger on it.  Might have something to do with him getting benched. He just seemed off IMO. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Tyler Larsen looked better at center last night against a stout defense than Gradkowski had looked all year. It took an injury to discover this, just like it did with Norwell. 

Unfortunately, it is too little too late. The season is over. If the coaching staff had recognized this earlier the Panthers may still have a chance. Gradkowski's poor play definitely added to the losses. 

Should the coaching staff be criticized for not seeing it, or praised for eventually being forced to get it right due to injuries?

We know how weak the Coaching staff is on the offensive side of the ball.

5 minutes ago, TarHeel69 said:

Cam had better protection last night than he has had in a while, but there was something weird about how he was playing.  Can't put my finger on it.  Might have something to do with him getting benched. He just seemed off IMO. 

Yeah it was weird. There wasn't even that usual connection with him and Greg. Just seemed out of it. Also, can Shula please for the love of god stop running those QB draws where Cam literally stands behind the line for a few seconds and then falls down?

20 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Did well for the most part. Bad part is when he misses, he misses big. I honestly think an offseason of work could turn him into a legit tackle. 

how good to you think he can be? we talking Remmers good? would he been good enough to warrant the move from guard to tackle?

Speaks volumes for RRs ability to evaluate talent. If amini never gets hurt Norwells playing somewhere else by now. And  with the Larsen guy playing well last night. What exactly does Ron look for at practice ?

RR sticks with vets that can't get it done. Should be his undoing 

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Tyler Larsen looked better at center last night against a stout defense than Gradkowski had looked all year. It took an injury to discover this, just like it did with Norwell. 

Unfortunately, it is too little too late. The season is over. If the coaching staff had recognized this earlier the Panthers may still have a chance. Gradkowski's poor play definitely added to the losses. 

Should the coaching staff be criticized for not seeing it, or praised for eventually being forced to get it right due to injuries?

Hard to know when to criticize the coaching staff in situations like this. Gradkowski had NFL starting experience and probably looked better in practice. Some guys just play better in games than on the practice field and Larsen may be one of them. But also, it's been 1 game. Premature to say he'd have played well in place of Gradkowski earlier.

Rivera and talent evaluation shouldn't even been said/written/spoken of in the same sentence.

He is by far ....oh wait John Fox did that poo too....I guess we need to look elsewhere if we keep seeing the same damn trends on our team...can it be coincidence that our last two HC's have the same fatal flaw?

Well if it is coincidence then he's just another shittier version of John Fox who thinks and acts worse than John Fox.

Archived